Android 2.2 battery life problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Joshmichael91, Jun 11, 2010.

1. eliassami5

eliassami5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Came from BB1.1 Nextheme to the first build of 2.2 and had a little less battery life with 2.2. Then i updated to the newest build of 2.2 and my battery life went down the drain. Unplugged my phone at 6am, by 9am the battery is already at 80%..keep in mind i did not use the phone AT ALL, except for sending 1 txt, didnt even turn the screen on more than once. by like 6pm my battery is at 15% and prompts me to charge it. I ran p3's and chevy's kernels and did not notice any difference. I went back to the previous version of Froyo (FRFxxx) and my battery life is back to respectable, but im still yearning the battery life i had when using BB1.1. Im probably going to restore back in a couple of days if this battery issue causes me headaches.

I can wait it out for a better build.

2. bbohannon

bbohannon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand what the problems are with froyo? My battery life improved with froyo and baseband update and I am overclocked and keep it at 900mhz???

3. Woodard2589

Woodard2589 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my battery life was good when i posted a few days ago, just slightly less than on 2.1. however, i flashed UD beta, instead of the alpha i was on, and now my battery life is just terrible. so i think im going to wipe the phone and see if it fixes anything

4. Crazy

Crazy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've also noticed a short battery life on my Droid on 2.2 Froyo (Bugless 0.1).

& I'm using Chevy's low voltage 1ghz kernal too.

So I just went back to Bugless Beast 1.1

5. dcmargush

dcmargush New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Several of us have noticed this problem with the Verizon stock 2.2 code drop. Is there any suggestions?

6. BKS

BKS Member

Ratings:
    +0

I received the OTA update to 2.2 late last week and for the 1st couple days battery life was fair. For some reason the last 3 days it will not hold a charge longer then 6hrs with minimal to moderate use! PLus I make a concerted effort to turn the screen off when not in use.
    I have a stock Droid with only a few apps (none that should be heavily running in the background)
    When I checked my battery useage it says the Droid OS is using 37%...don't know what that equates to but this ridiculous.

I have no idea what "kernal" or what my current Mhz is at???

If this keeps up though...I'll be forced to return it & get something else which I don't want to do. But I can't even make thru a whole day at work with limited usage. :icon_evil:

7. BKS

BKS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read doing a factory reset may solve this issue. Has this worked for anyone else? Whats at risk if I do this?

TIA!

8. ruinah

ruinah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found yesyerday that the stupid Facebook app is what was really draining me. I turned off the sync and overnight I lost 10% battery versus the usual 50% I normally lose. I don't need realtime facebook notifications. I will be curious to see how long that gets me today.

9. MarkDF

MarkDF Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will avidly read this thread if anybody comes up with a solution. My battery life with 2.2 is horrible. It's hard to get through the day. I think I've got everything trimmed down as much as possible (including FB only syncing on request by me) and yesterday I had to have it plugged in on the drive home so I could make it home. Normally I end the day 18 hours after I unplug it with 40% left. Paint me unhappy.

10. jthorpe

jthorpe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.2 sucks, period

11. Wadzii

Wadzii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.2 is awesome.. if you think otherwise you have something wrong

as for the battery issue. make double sure the battery is fully charged then go into recovery and clear the battery cache. that should fix your battery

12. ruinah

ruinah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.2 is awesome, agreed I am going to have to try charging 100% and clearing the cache. Is that just an option off the main screen in clockwork?

Search tags for this page

android kernel 2.2 battery