Android 2.2 battery life problems?

BKS

Reaction score
I read doing a factory reset may solve this issue. Has this worked for anyone else? Whats at risk if I do this?

TIA!

ruinah

Reaction score
I found yesyerday that the stupid Facebook app is what was really draining me. I turned off the sync and overnight I lost 10% battery versus the usual 50% I normally lose. I don't need realtime facebook notifications. I will be curious to see how long that gets me today.

MarkDF

Reaction score
I will avidly read this thread if anybody comes up with a solution. My battery life with 2.2 is horrible. It's hard to get through the day. I think I've got everything trimmed down as much as possible (including FB only syncing on request by me) and yesterday I had to have it plugged in on the drive home so I could make it home. Normally I end the day 18 hours after I unplug it with 40% left. Paint me unhappy.

Wadzii

Reaction score
2.2 is awesome.. if you think otherwise you have something wrong

as for the battery issue. make double sure the battery is fully charged then go into recovery and clear the battery cache. that should fix your battery

ruinah

Reaction score

as for the battery issue. make double sure the battery is fully charged then go into recovery and clear the battery cache. that should fix your battery

2.2 is awesome, agreed I am going to have to try charging 100% and clearing the cache. Is that just an option off the main screen in clockwork?

ruinah

Reaction score
thanks, I just did that after I made sure it was 100% charged. We'll see how long I get the rest of the day. Can you explain exactly what that does? What is the phone keeping a cache of exactly that could be causing it to degrade quickly?

BKS

Reaction score

...Before I go to Verizon & light their asses up, I'll give this a try in about an hour once the batt is fully charged...because the longest my phone is holding a charge now is 4hrs with almost zero usage!! :icon_evil:

Wadzii

Reaction score
also, if the phone ever got really hot the battery is probably toast.. they replaced mine under warranty about 3 months ago after the phone bricked and overheated.

I cant say i know exactly what the battery cache does, but I "think" it has to do with the phone remembering what voltage means 100% and what voltage means 0%, but dont quote me on that at all.

Wadzii

Reaction score
you need to be rooted and have clockwork recovery installed.. .then boot into recovery, goto advanced, then clear battery cache.

if you have none of the above there are lots of how-to's around here....

ruinah

Reaction score
man, I wish someone would have told me about all those cache settings a while back. I cleared the battery cache and it shows me 89% left after 2.5 hours and I was steaming the NFL Network channel for about 15 minutes there for a bit. That, and work emails of course. I cleared the other caches using one of the apps in the market and the phone seems a lot snappier now.

Wadzii

Reaction score
Make sure you let it drain till it dies this first time after you clear the cache

Frank Drebin

Reaction score
you need to be rooted and have clockwork recovery installed.. .then boot into recovery, goto advanced, then clear battery cache.

if you have none of the above there are lots of how-to's around here....

Thanks...didn't realize we were talking about a root thing here.