I finally have incredible battery life!

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
For me, it's piece of mind. Over the past month or so that I've had the phone, I've ended up having the phone die on me three times at the end of the day on the way home from work (I work long hours and have an hour drive each way). If something were to happen to me on the way home, I would like to know that I have battery life left. Not to mention, I really would like to be able to go out after work without the battery dying on me.

I do have a car charger now that I can use if I absolutely have to...but it's nice to not have to go that route.

shrugger

Reaction score
Best thing that happened to my battery life was rooting. Running the processor at 125 when not in use has done awesome things for my battery life. (But, I'd still have to call BS on 90% after the OP's usage).

kevin1016

Reaction score
For me, it's piece of mind. Over the past month or so that I've had the phone, I've ended up having the phone die on me three times at the end of the day on the way home from work (I work long hours and have an hour drive each way). If something were to happen to me on the way home, I would like to know that I have battery life left. Not to mention, I really would like to be able to go out after work without the battery dying on me.

I do have a car charger now that I can use if I absolutely have to...but it's nice to not have to go that route.
Well, I can understand then if you've had it dying on you before you go to sleep. If you heavily use your phone then I'd probably bring a charger to work.

Reaction score
Like everyone said... the screen eats the most out of your battery. Unless you were texting, surfing, using the phone with the display off it is not possible nor logical. Its like telling you I got 55mpg with my hummer after traveling 300 miles. Now its possible to do.... if in neutral and going all 300 miles downhill. Same with the battery life... it is possible without turning on the display.

Dibrom

Reaction score
For an app that gave me much better battery life, try Juice Defender.
Timed it this morning, 9am to 10:30pm before I put it on the charger at 15% (according to battery left). Before, I had trouble making it to 8pm.

QR Code
chart

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
Like everyone said... the screen eats the most out of your battery. Unless you were texting, surfing, using the phone with the display off it is not possible nor logical. Its like telling you I got 55mpg with my hummer after traveling 300 miles. Now its possible to do.... if in neutral and going all 300 miles downhill. Same with the battery life... it is possible without turning on the display.

Again, playing the game was pretty much the only display usage. The texting took a total of maybe 4-5 minutes, as they were quick responses. The internet browsing was later in the day, after the original post.

I find it funny that so many people are willing to say that I'm lying. I'm not really sure why I would have any incentive to do so...but whatever, I have no need to prove anything to you guys.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm looking in the Market and searching for "IsItOn" and it's not showing any results??

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
I'm looking in the Market and searching for "IsItOn" and it's not showing any results??

Sorry, looks like it's spaced on, not one word. The actual name is "Is It On?"

I like the Power Control Widget better than this program, but this shows a few more things that power control does.

actrack03

Reaction score
I bought this phone to be a battery eating information and media whore. I wouldn't buy a porche and leave it in the garage all the time. I have it OC'd to 1200 MHz running at full brightness, email updates as frequently as possibly, pandora streaming all day(connected to wifi), gps location on, and have tons of talk time for work. Battery drains really quick but I keep it cradled unless I'm on a voice call. I have a charger at home, a cradle at work, and the rapidcharger/window mount combo for the car. I'm just saying, I bought it to use it.

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
I bought this phone to be a battery eating information and media whore. I wouldn't buy a porche and leave it in the garage all the time. I have it OC'd to 1200 MHz running at full brightness, email updates as frequently as possibly, pandora streaming all day(connected to wifi), gps location on, and have tons of talk time for work. Battery drains really quick but I keep it cradled unless I'm on a voice call. I have a charger at home, a cradle at work, and the rapidcharger/window mount combo for the car. I'm just saying, I bought it to use it.

Everyone uses their phone in different ways. I have Pandora (or music of some kind) streaming all day myself, don't really need GPS location on when I'm sitting in an office at work, and I don't really talk on the phone that much.

I use the phone for apps, games, internet browing, and all kinds of information on a daily basis. I get exactly what I need and want out of it.

Sodner

Reaction score
I'd have to say some changes I have made have helped my battery life as well.

- Set Beautiful Widgets to default city rather than GPS location. No sense having GPS checking where I am when I'm generally always in the Pittsburgh region.
- Installed Screebl. Did not see how this "orientation" thing could help, but it does! If you haven't given Screebl a look, you should!