Liquid

Discussion in 'Liquid D2G' started by bfederspill, Oct 7, 2011.

1. haztv

haztv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well coming from an OG to the pretty much trash selection of roms we have on the D2G I'm in love with this Rom. I wasn't aware of the wipe dalvik thing which I didn't do and so far the only issue I'm having is the known camera issue where sometimes when u exit the camera it fails to connect upon trying to use it later. With that said liquid was the last Rom I used on my OG and it's probably gonna be the last one I use on my D2G... Im gonna sbf this weekend and reflash after wiping dalvik but this Rom is damn near perfect

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

2. juv3

juv3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't even bother reflashing this rom because i did every wipe before flashing and everything works eccept Camara after you use it one time, Tethering app works but after using it the 3g and wifi have problems reconnecting i tried the airplane mode to see if they would reconnect and the airplane mode has issues, i also noticed battery life isn't as good as the GB leaked .607 version, the good thing is you can sbf normal with RSD Lite from this rom which i hear is almost imposible if you do it from the GB leaked version... lets wait for an update

3. Dfit18

Dfit18 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i would love to have your battery life, i got like 7 hours on a full charge today with light use :/

4. Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's very easy and simple to SBF from .607, you just need to SBF to .330 then re- update.zip to .670

5. TwoBuells

TwoBuells Member

Ratings:
    +10
    This rom is just too cool to not try again. So I did tried it again.
    Coming from Apex GB rom which runs great.

I wiped cache,data,dalvik.
    Flashed Liquid
    Fixed permissions
    Half way through restoring apps from my google account it stopped. So I started Titanium restore, all apps w/data, no "red" system data.
    Everything is running , no fc's yet.
    After a full charge tonight I'll see how battery life is tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

6. juv3

juv3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you SBFd from the GB OTA Leak? i've seen a lot of people saying you can't SBF from that you have to do it from Ubuntu.

7. Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have, several times yesterday from liquid not working for me in fact. I use the OTA leak posted here: Gingerbread leak - D2G Updated to 4.5.607!

and root with the one click droid 3 root. To SBF all you need is RSD Lite and the SBF file, found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28428022/VZW_2.4.330.sbf

I do this on Win 7 64 bit and it works just fine. Never had to use Ubuntu, never had an issue with it.

8. Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I managed to survive a reboot! Following ehedgecock's advice and a post from RevNumbers, it turns you that you need the droid x (2nd init) CWR installed from rom manager on your stock GB that is already bootstrapped (if you used the droid 2 bootstrapper app by koush like I did).

9. lieblax

lieblax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to update, after two days of terrible battery life, today it has been off the charger for 13 hours and i still have 70% with the extended battery with the same amount of use. I didn't do anything to it so I don't understand but I'm not complaining haha.

10. thesoldier

thesoldier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe you! The past few days I was getting really good battery life like 24 hours or so with at least 30% left under moderate usage (extended battery). But today I'm down to 50% left after a little under 3 hours with the same amount of usage...I don't see how this works haha

Sent from my D2G on Liquid 3.0

11. xcodybx

xcodybx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    can a bro get some screenshots?!

12. thesoldier

thesoldier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course bro.

Sent from my D2G on Liquid 3.0