Liquid

Discussion in 'Liquid D2G' started by bfederspill, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't get this to work. I was able to flash it and use it, but it never survived a single reboot. Rebooting always got me stuck at the M, and I had to SBF from there (abd couldn't see the device). I'm giving up on liquid after 2 tries and neither surviving a reboot.

2. Stefan82

Stefan82 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google framework error and media error. Had to discontinue user because of constant FC issues, making the Rom unusable and I tried running permission fix but no luck. Also titanium backup will not insurance install some system apps and will lock up. I may just sick with stock and customise it with apps like GO Launcher.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

3. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I was a bit confused, did you do the wipes after you installed GB or before? Make sure you do it after installing GB but before flashing Liquid.

You might want to specify how long it has been since 11AM due to time zone differences, but I agree with battery life. I woke up, unplugged my phone and it was at 100%. Checked about 2 or 3 emails right after waking up and an hour or so later, I was down 10% already :s

Yes, GB will not install if you have either rooted or bootstraped your phone. Your phone can be unrooted easy enough, but unbootstraping,well never heard of that..You can have apps installed, I believe, just so long as the phone is not rooted or bootstraped.

Try installing liquid,boot it up once, reboot to recovery(stock), wipe data and cache, then boot up the phone, root,bootstrap, and then flash liquid from the clockwork recovery.

4. Stefan82

Stefan82 Member

Ratings:
    +0

5. Insidious

Insidious Active Member

Ratings:
    +4

6. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    lol, droidfreak28, I am quite aware as I was the one who posted the suggestion of wiping dalvik cache. ;) I was trying to ask Stefan82 to calrify to make sure he did it right.

7. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +14
    @Xplorer, which os version should I SBF back to, or does it really matter?

8. thesoldier

thesoldier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're using a D2G correct? If you are then you should use 2.4.33.

Go here and go down a little bit and click on the link xplorer posted for the sbf file.
    http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...ll-sbf-droid-2-global-2-4-33-a.html#post77041

That's the one I used and it worked great. It was frustrating getting rsd lite to work though.

Sent from my D2G on Liquid 3.0

9. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks. I'm not a complete noob, but I JUST ruined another D2G not 2 weeks ago by bricking it, so I'm trying to be very specific, so I don't wreck this one. I don't think verizon will buy my act this time of I dunno what happened to this phone again. I am very confident with RSD Lite from my droid 1 days. I just needed the version number.

10. Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to clarify here so I know exactly what you're saying. What I had previously installed was the .607 leak, which I rooted and bootstrapped. Does it matter which version of bootstrapper you use? All I know is that mine can take me to CWR, but I think it's probably an old one. So I got into CWR from my rooted, bootstrapped stock, where I cleared data/cache/dalvik and then flashed liquid. After doing this, liquid did boot, and I went through the phone setup (allowing google to re-install my apps from my account, which is perhaps an issue?). Then when I reboot the phone after liquid is running, I get stuck at the M.

So are you saying that I should flash liquid from CWR like I did previously, but then instead of a normal reboot I need to reboot to the stock recovery and wipe data/cache. Then the phone will let me boot into liquid, where I root, bootstrap, and flash liquid on top of itself?

Since I tried installing liquid twice, the 2nd time was over a freshly setup stock.

11. Metalshadow626

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone still having Wi-fi/3G connectivity issues? Seems like with every ROM I flash I must use either one of them and cannot switch at will, which really defeats the whole purpose for me (even though I have unlimited data). I love all the features of flashing but if I have to go back to stock then what the heck. And anyone experience not good battery life? As of right now, being unplugged around 1 A.M.-ish it's 14hours and 47min battery life with vague use, 20% of it dropped when I was sleeping, now at 30% @ 4P.M.

12. TwoBuells

TwoBuells Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I tried installing twice, on my D2G, Lots of nice featuresbut too many FC’s.
    I wiped Data, Dalvik, etc and I got a tip from their changelog on their web site but still too many fc’s
    I’m going back to Apex. 300 hrs of uptime and no fc’s andeverything works……
    This is a quote from their website.
    *VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE! (PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BELOW INSTALLING)
    *MUST WIPE DATA & CACHE INCLUDING DALVIK! (IF YOU DON'T WIPE IT CAN LEAD TOBAD THINGS!)
    *TITANIUM RESTORE USER APPS WITH DATA ONLY! (NO SYSTEM APPS IN RED! YOU'VE BEENWARNED!)

I did all the above and still too many issues. I really wantthis rom to work, I love the extra features….

Search tags for this page

liquid smooth wifi not working