Liquid

thesoldier

Reaction score

Jonas

Reaction score
You're using a D2G correct? If you are then you should use 2.4.33.

Go here and go down a little bit and click on the link xplorer posted for the sbf file.
Full SBF Droid 2 Global 2.4.33

That's the one I used and it worked great. It was frustrating getting rsd lite to work though.

Sent from my D2G on Liquid 3.0

Thanks. I'm not a complete noob, but I JUST ruined another D2G not 2 weeks ago by bricking it, so I'm trying to be very specific, so I don't wreck this one. I don't think verizon will buy my act this time of I dunno what happened to this phone again. I am very confident with RSD Lite from my droid 1 days. I just needed the version number.

Blunderbuss

Reaction score
Try installing liquid,boot it up once, reboot to recovery(stock), wipe data and cache, then boot up the phone, root,bootstrap, and then flash liquid from the clockwork recovery.

I want to clarify here so I know exactly what you're saying. What I had previously installed was the .607 leak, which I rooted and bootstrapped. Does it matter which version of bootstrapper you use? All I know is that mine can take me to CWR, but I think it's probably an old one. So I got into CWR from my rooted, bootstrapped stock, where I cleared data/cache/dalvik and then flashed liquid. After doing this, liquid did boot, and I went through the phone setup (allowing google to re-install my apps from my account, which is perhaps an issue?). Then when I reboot the phone after liquid is running, I get stuck at the M.

So are you saying that I should flash liquid from CWR like I did previously, but then instead of a normal reboot I need to reboot to the stock recovery and wipe data/cache. Then the phone will let me boot into liquid, where I root, bootstrap, and flash liquid on top of itself?

Since I tried installing liquid twice, the 2nd time was over a freshly setup stock.

Reaction score
Anyone still having Wi-fi/3G connectivity issues? Seems like with every ROM I flash I must use either one of them and cannot switch at will, which really defeats the whole purpose for me (even though I have unlimited data). I love all the features of flashing but if I have to go back to stock then what the heck. And anyone experience not good battery life? As of right now, being unplugged around 1 A.M.-ish it's 14hours and 47min battery life with vague use, 20% of it dropped when I was sleeping, now at 30% @ 4P.M.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I tried installing twice, on my D2G, Lots of nice featuresbut too many FC’s.
I wiped Data, Dalvik, etc and I got a tip from their changelog on their web site but still too many fc’s
I’m going back to Apex. 300 hrs of uptime and no fc’s andeverything works……
This is a quote from their website.
*VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE! (PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BELOW INSTALLING)
*MUST WIPE DATA & CACHE INCLUDING DALVIK! (IF YOU DON'T WIPE IT CAN LEAD TOBAD THINGS!)
*TITANIUM RESTORE USER APPS WITH DATA ONLY! (NO SYSTEM APPS IN RED! YOU'VE BEENWARNED!)

I did all the above and still too many issues. I really wantthis rom to work, I love the extra features….

haztv

Reaction score
Well coming from an OG to the pretty much trash selection of roms we have on the D2G I'm in love with this Rom. I wasn't aware of the wipe dalvik thing which I didn't do and so far the only issue I'm having is the known camera issue where sometimes when u exit the camera it fails to connect upon trying to use it later. With that said liquid was the last Rom I used on my OG and it's probably gonna be the last one I use on my D2G... Im gonna sbf this weekend and reflash after wiping dalvik but this Rom is damn near perfect

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

juv3

Reaction score
Well coming from an OG to the pretty much trash selection of roms we have on the D2G I'm in love with this Rom. I wasn't aware of the wipe dalvik thing which I didn't do and so far the only issue I'm having is the known camera issue where sometimes when u exit the camera it fails to connect upon trying to use it later. With that said liquid was the last Rom I used on my OG and it's probably gonna be the last one I use on my D2G... Im gonna sbf this weekend and reflash after wiping dalvik but this Rom is damn near perfect

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Don't even bother reflashing this rom because i did every wipe before flashing and everything works eccept Camara after you use it one time, Tethering app works but after using it the 3g and wifi have problems reconnecting i tried the airplane mode to see if they would reconnect and the airplane mode has issues, i also noticed battery life isn't as good as the GB leaked .607 version, the good thing is you can sbf normal with RSD Lite from this rom which i hear is almost imposible if you do it from the GB leaked version... lets wait for an update

Dfit18

Reaction score
Anyone still having Wi-fi/3G connectivity issues? Seems like with every ROM I flash I must use either one of them and cannot switch at will, which really defeats the whole purpose for me (even though I have unlimited data). I love all the features of flashing but if I have to go back to stock then what the heck. And anyone experience not good battery life? As of right now, being unplugged around 1 A.M.-ish it's 14hours and 47min battery life with vague use, 20% of it dropped when I was sleeping, now at 30% @ 4P.M.

i would love to have your battery life, i got like 7 hours on a full charge today with light use :/

Blunderbuss

Reaction score
Don't even bother reflashing this rom because i did every wipe before flashing and everything works eccept Camara after you use it one time, Tethering app works but after using it the 3g and wifi have problems reconnecting i tried the airplane mode to see if they would reconnect and the airplane mode has issues, i also noticed battery life isn't as good as the GB leaked .607 version, the good thing is you can sbf normal with RSD Lite from this rom which i hear is almost imposible if you do it from the GB leaked version... lets wait for an update

It's very easy and simple to SBF from .607, you just need to SBF to .330 then re- update.zip to .670

TwoBuells

Reaction score
This rom is just too cool to not try again. So I did tried it again.
Coming from Apex GB rom which runs great.

I wiped cache,data,dalvik.
Flashed Liquid
Fixed permissions
Half way through restoring apps from my google account it stopped. So I started Titanium restore, all apps w/data, no "red" system data.
Everything is running , no fc's yet.
After a full charge tonight I'll see how battery life is tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

juv3

Reaction score
It's very easy and simple to SBF from .607, you just need to SBF to .330 then re- update.zip to .670
Have you SBFd from the GB OTA Leak? i've seen a lot of people saying you can't SBF from that you have to do it from Ubuntu.

Blunderbuss

Reaction score
Have you SBFd from the GB OTA Leak? i've seen a lot of people saying you can't SBF from that you have to do it from Ubuntu.

Yes I have, several times yesterday from liquid not working for me in fact. I use the OTA leak posted here: Gingerbread leak - D2G Updated to 4.5.607!

ahttp://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3406-Gingerbread-leak-D2G-Updated-to-4.5.607!nd root with the one click droid 3 root. To SBF all you need is RSD Lite and the SBF file, found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28428022/VZW_2.4.330.sbf

Ihttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/28428022/VZW_2.4.330.sbf do this on Win 7 64 bit and it works just fine. Never had to use Ubuntu, never had an issue with it.

Blunderbuss

Reaction score
I managed to survive a reboot! Following ehedgecock's advice and a post from RevNumbers, it turns you that you need the droid x (2nd init) CWR installed from rom manager on your stock GB that is already bootstrapped (if you used the droid 2 bootstrapper app by koush like I did).

lieblax

Reaction score
Just to update, after two days of terrible battery life, today it has been off the charger for 13 hours and i still have 70% with the extended battery with the same amount of use. I didn't do anything to it so I don't understand but I'm not complaining haha.