Lights on Droid Not Working Correctly

boatman2220

Reaction score
I just noticed that the Menu, Home, Back, and Search lights aren't lighting up. Been using the Droid and never really paid any attention to it not lighting up before. I've gotten used to using it and just didn't notice until just a minute ago. I know they did light up before the update. Everything thing else is fine, it's just a bit more convenient having the lights in the dark.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You weren't imaging it. I was up before sunrise today and I noticed the same thing. Weird.

Ainvar

Reaction score
same here. I changed brightness to a higher setting and then back to original setting to fix it.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
This happened to me after the update too. I did a battery pull because the main button lights and keyboard didn't light up anymore. They did again afterwards and I realized they would stay illuminated in lower light conditions and not be as lit in well-lit conditions. Pretty cool because the lighting timeout on the keyboard was too fast before.

OP
B

boatman2220

Reaction score
Craziest thing ever, restarted nothing. Bam, out of nowhere, it started working again. I swear this thing is alive, it corrects my spelling, wakes me up, gives me driving directions, finds places I want to go, previews my movies, and anything else I can think of. So I'm not going to get too upset if Droid needs a little break from time to time.

rp683

Reaction score
Mine too after upgrade... It coincides with the backlight on the keyboard as well. If you go in a dark area you will probably notice that they will light up. I think the sensor detects the ambient light to save battery power.

coolkidd

Reaction score
I did noticed this.... but I tried this experiment.... It does not light up when there is an enough light then I turned off the light and there it goes it does light up...

Maybe this was patched on the update to save battery... I mean, you do not need to light the buttons in the day, right?