Droid Multimedia Dock Question

samiusmc

Reaction score
When I dock my Droid in the multimedia dock, the light stays on for the back, menu, home and search buttons on the front of the Droid. The lights stay on even when I dim the Droid's screen. Is this normal or is it happening because I'm using the BB v.07 ROM? Does your Droid do this too? Does anyone know how I can get the light to turn off when it's docked? Thanks.

rawburt

Reaction score
You mentioned you are rooted, go to the market and download "LEDs hack" then open it, menu... preferences... check only disable bottom leds... then auto start/ auto stop and check the two dock options

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks so much. I didn't know about the app.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Thanks to this app, I can finally stand to use my dock! The 2.1 clock dims the screen way more than the original dock app, and now the LED's will stay off. I can finally sleep again! Just in time for everybody to lose an hour's sleep for DST.

Last edited:

SteveAikens

Reaction score
You've always had the option of just pressing the power button and putting the display to sleep. I like having the display clock and weather on when I'm up and docked but turn it off at night when I'm mostly charging.

dwagner88

Reaction score
You've always had the option of just pressing the power button and putting the display to sleep. I like having the display clock and weather on when I'm up and docked but turn it off at night when I'm mostly charging.

This is true, and I did this before I updated to 2.1, but I always felt like I wasted my money on my dock, as I had always intended for it to be a bedside clock at night.