Multimedia Dock Station Screen Always On - How?

RicardoB

Reaction score
Better Alarm

I had to install Better Alarm. Works fine now. Stupid. Shouldn't have to install a third party app to turn off a screen saver.

RichSmithSWM

Reaction score
I had to install Better Alarm. Works fine now. Stupid. Shouldn't have to install a third party app to turn off a screen saver.

After days of frustration I found Better Alarm Clock. I agree you shouldn't have to install a third party app just to turn off the screen saver "feature."

dyno

Reaction score
Yep the new multimedia dock screen sucks big time in 2.2. Google what were you thinking when they came up with this new look. Whats the point of having a brightness setting in dock mode if its just going to kick over to a screen saver in a few min's.

Please Google bring back the old look in dock mode!

capt. dan

Reaction score
I like the new dock mode. I always used to turn the screen off at night because it was too bright. Now I just drop in the dock and its good to go. I used to have a app called dock awake that I used on 2.1 but uninstalled when i got 2.2.

Derekweb

Reaction score
Thanks Abadus, Tasker did the job and now the car dock stays bright as in 2.1 stock.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I'm having a weirder problem. When I put my phone in the dock the last few days the dock screen doesn't come on, it does one of two things, it either shows the home screen in landscape or it shows the alarm setting screen. Is they any way to bring back the standard dock screen, with weather digital clock and music player icon? I've tried every setting I can find and even battery pulls. The best I can do is get the dock screen to come on, dim and then it changes back to the alarm setting screen.

born2golf

Reaction score
assuming is used to work fine before, it sounds like the magnet trigger on the dock is still working since "something" is happening when you seat the phone in the doc. So it sounds like something has overwritten what should be launching when the dock magnet is present. Could have been a fat finger that chaged the default during some installation, or could be a faulty app.

If it is a "default" issue, try this. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. make sue you are viewing ALL application, and go to Alarm and timer. press on that to see its properties and look in the "launch by default" section. If it is set as a default for something, you can clear the default by pressing the button.

Also, there is an app that allows you to set or launch your dock launcher selectively. You can find this in the market, sorry I don;t recall it's name.