Multimedia Dock Station Screen Always On - How?

dvap00

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the screen stay on when it is in multimedia dock mode? I have searched and am slightly impatient today (Fridays seem to do that to me). Thanks!!

BigTex71

Reaction score
That is strange. Mine always stays on in the Multimedia Dock. Are you actually using a dock, or just starting the MM Dock app? If using Dock, is it plugged in? If it is not plugged in, it will shut off the display according to your regular settings, I believe.

OP
D

dvap00

Reaction score
I'm using my EzeStand, letting itself go to dock mode through the magnet.

ezeStand

Reaction score
I think I have the answer ...
There is an obscure setting and some people seem to have it set by default and others don't. Go to "Settings" - "Applications" - "Development" and then make sure the "Stay Awake" check box is checked. This will make sure your phone stays awake while charging by either USB or AC wall charger.
Cheers,

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I have the answer ...
There is an obscure setting and some people seem to have it set by default and others don't. Go to "Settings" - "Applications" - "Development" and then make sure the "Stay Awake" check box is checked. This will make sure your phone stays awake while charging by either USB or AC wall charger.
Cheers,

Lawdy...Looks as if Google has been taking lessons from Microsoft in obscuring options.

OP
D

dvap00

Reaction score
Thanks ezeStand!!! Great product, and that did the trick. Wow, that was a hidden setting! The Droid on my desk looks way sexier now with a little show-off compared to always timing out black!!

mkraffert

Reaction score
I have a question about multimedia dock. I am running Smoked Glass version 6.0. It used to look just like the picture in Post #8 above. I re-flashed the rom, and now it looks like my home screen, and goes into screen-saver mode after a while, and the time moves around the screen sort of like a Window screen saver. I liked the version above, but I don't know if that's the 2.0.1 version or the 2.1 version. Also, is there a way to configure the colors, and/or what is displayed? Thanks!

rcfx

Reaction score
I have a question about multimedia dock. I am running Smoked Glass version 6.0. It used to look just like the picture in Post #8 above. I re-flashed the rom, and now it looks like my home screen, and goes into screen-saver mode after a while, and the time moves around the screen sort of like a Window screen saver. I liked the version above, but I don't know if that's the 2.0.1 version or the 2.1 version. Also, is there a way to configure the colors, and/or what is displayed? Thanks!

I'm running DM and am using the mikradle, 5 in the morning the screen pops on and its in this screen saver mode with the clock bouncing around. Where are the settings for the dock mode? And I've never had the weather on it before, where is that?

RicardoB

Reaction score
Screensaver still coming on...

Thank you, ezeStand. Mine started doing the screensaver thing after Android 2.2 was installed yesterday. Unfortunately, it still turns on the screensaver after 5 minutes even though I've made the change you suggested.

Derekweb

Reaction score
yes, and 2.2 also no longer respects the auto brightness setting in car dock mode. Turn auto brightness off and it still dims in car mode.

Goggle R-E-G-R-E-S-S-I-O-N T-E-S-T-I-N-G???

Abadus

Reaction score
Using Locale I turn brightness all the way up and stop the screen from timing out. Works great at work or in my car dock driving :D