Have you had this problem?

Reaction score
Ok, so I know this is a rather petty complaint, however it is quite annoying.

When I got my Droid replacement #4 I had noticed right out of the box that the led lights on the bottom (Arrow, Menu, Home, Search) Have different levels of brightness.

The Menu and search lights are bright white, while the other 2 have a dullness to them. Problem is they are not all the same, and it mostly is bothersome at night when I am laying down and reading the daily news before bed.

Are all the Droid 1's like this? I don't remember if my last 3 were like this, but I think I would of recalled or at least not noticed.

Can you tell me if all 4 lights on the bottom of your Droid 1 the same brightness?

Thanks.

harrellj

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, my home button seems a tad bit dimmer, but not that visibly bad. However, I've long noticed that if I tilt the screen forward enough (so I'm looking down the screen), there's only 2 lights for all 4 buttons, placed between them.

OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, my home button seems a tad bit dimmer, but not that visibly bad. However, I've long noticed that if I tilt the screen forward enough (so I'm looking down the screen), there's only 2 lights for all 4 buttons, placed between them.

Yeah I just tilted mine and noticed the same, only 2 lights,

I also notices that on each light the left side looks kinda yellowish where as the right side of the light looks bright white.

OyVOid

Reaction score
im on my first 1 year old d1 and all the lights are all the same

Ditto. I still have my original baby and haven't noticed this "problem" at all. My new every 2 is up in 9 months but I've decided to keep what I have. I love my Droid since day one.

Last edited:

Detonation

Reaction score
My original droid's lights were fine, however the replacements I got always had inconsistent, purple tinted buttons similar to your description. Just another part of Verizon's excellent refurb quality control.