Liberty ROM

hamann5

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question about installing liberty rom.

I'm currently rooted with Fission ROM, and was looking to change it up and take a look at liberty.

I downloaded the the Liberty Toolbox Donate off the market. I bring it up and it says your running an old version.

I Go to download the ROM then the list that is generated is blank. Theres nothing showing up.

Is this the correct way of installing?

Thanks Jason

clouse2013

Reaction score
Go to the liberty page on this forum and it should be version 2.0 or 2.0.1. Download it and put it on ur sd card. Boot into recovery, wipe data and cache and install. While still in recovery flash GRD teams romer (I use v7 because it fixes the lights), reboot system and there you have liberty. If u run into problems pm me and ill walk u through it. Also before you flash, restore your stock backup.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Asphyx

Reaction score
As 13th said going from Fission to Liberty should work fine.
Going the other way however does not, you must go back to stock first unless you have a nandroid backup that can restore everything back to Fission.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
ik would return to stock first. then install liberty

No need to. I flashed from fission to liberty and didn't have any problems

Sent from a D2G running my rom

Personally speaking, I still say return to stock, I know it works fine, but I always felt better flashing from a stock state to avoid any possible conflicts.

OP
H

hamann5

Reaction score
Ok so I installed liberty 2.0.1 ran the romer v7 right after install went smooth..rebooted and lost 3g like alot of others have.. any fix?

Was curious and downloaded liberty 1.5 and no 3g issue however im not so thrilled with it.

Btw I flashed from fission to liberty no need to go from stock. And also just reflashed back into my fission backup

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
There's a fix on pg8 of the "Liberty. 2.0 works with the romer v7" page.

Sent from a D2G running my rom