My Own Custom ROM

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by apollyon0810, Mar 6, 2011.

1. apollyon0810

apollyon0810 New Member

Hey guys! Just wanted to let DF.net know that I made a custom Liberty/Fission hybrid ROM. I'm gonna flash it to my D2G now. I'll let you know how it goes...
  2. Swirly

Swirly New Member

Make sure you post screen shots 2!

Sent from my DROID 2 GLOBAL w/ Fission 2.4.3
  3. currentweb

currentweb New Member

Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
    Very cool man, let us know how it goes!
  4. Jbtech

Jbtech New Member

Screen shots would be great.
  5. TWOTx1503

TWOTx1503 New Member

Woohooooooooooooooooo thank god for indy devs. Diamond in the rough you are sir. :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  6. TWOTx1503

TWOTx1503 New Member

Premature celebration... Sensors working?

7. BackSeatSuicide

BackSeatSuicide New Member

That's awesome, if it works, I will definitely be interested, and I agree with swirly, post some screenshots ASAP!

8. apollyon0810

apollyon0810 New Member

Sorry for the confusion and I'm gonna need another day or so, but what I'm actually trying to do isn't "my own custom rom". I'm trying to get Fission 2.4.3 to update to 2.5.7.
  9. apollyon0810

apollyon0810 New Member

Also, if 2.6.1 is available on FRM to download for D2, could somebody post that? The most up-to-date ROM I have is 2.5.7.
  10. kickyindahead

kickyindahead New Member

Nice .. noob question here .. whats the difference between 2.4.3 and 2.5.7?
  11. Asphyx

Asphyx New Member

Well it depends on which Phone your talking about.

The Fission 2.4.3 for D2G is not actually the same as the 2.4.3 for the D2/DX.

They are very different which is why many are hoping for Angdroid to get the D2G version up to speed on the version numbers.

To the OP - Good luck but have you tried using the Romer patch on the D2 version of Fission? What were the results of that?
  12. apollyon0810

apollyon0810 New Member

I haven't personally tried it, but from what I've read here on the forums people are still having the sensor issue.
  13. apollyon0810

apollyon0810 New Member

Also, my phone is now stuck in a bootloop after SBF.
  14. kickyindahead

kickyindahead New Member

Hmm... could you elaborate on the difference .. im runnin a D2G with fission 2.4.3 ... just curious .. but in all reality i guess im going to have to wait for Angdroid to finish his work ..
  15. doomer4life

doomer4life New Member

Reflash sbf again and then make sure to go and factory restore in stock recovery

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  16. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

In ttheory you should be able to push the framework files from 2.5.7 over the 2.4.3 base. I haven't tried it yet because I dont know how to adb push.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G
  17. Asphyx

Asphyx New Member

Try clearing data and cache!

Yes that because Romer still hasn't found whatever is needed to make them work without crashing. I think they will once there are more examples of D2G builds to compare with. My guess is if Angdroid ever gets the D2G version of Fission integrated with the D2 framework we will find the answer.

I believe that the D2G version of Fission does not really incorporate the custom framework of the D2 version it is simply a hack of the stock Moto ROM with some edits to allow the D2 Fission theming to work. It has replaced some of the framework with vanilla android as a start but is has not really integrated all of the work that is in the D2 Fission yet.

Buryboi from the Romer group has done the most research into that so maybe he can say for sure what the differences are.

But from what I understand the D2G is not much more than a replacement of the SYSTEM folder over the stock Moto that has been deblurred as opposed to a full framework replacement the way the D2 version of Fission and things like Liberty are.

Which is why you need to go back via SBF after flashing Liberty and Romer if you want to go back to the Fission D2G system.

Nandroid should work though if you made a backup there.

The difficulties and differences between the D2 and D2G is due to the dual band nature of the radio. Kind of like the problem with flashing a CDMA rom on a GSM WM phone. WOn't work.

And it means that some routines needed to run the Dual Band radio are not needed or present in a D2 ROM.

Romer's goal is to find everything that is needed and put it there.
    And they have done much better than I would have expected that approach to work.

The fact that the sensors are the hold up and not the radio is really amazing! LOL
  18. kickyindahead

kickyindahead New Member

Thankyou for the explaination ... the vision of clearer than mud has been changed to clearer than muddy water... im startin to understand this stuff... kinda lol
  19. buryboi

buryboi Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Asphyx is right.

Fission for the D2G shares nothing but a version number with Fission for the D2 (well a version number and some images in framework-res.apk)

If you push D2 Frameworks to a D2G, you absolutely must also push /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so and /system/lib/libandroid_servers.so

Essentially, when using the Romer, you Flash a D2 Rom, which puts all D2 files on the /system partition of the phone, then flash the Romer which puts all the D2G files back with the exception of the two files mentioned above.

You can pull the images from Liberty's framework-res.apk and put them in Fissions and have a Liberty theme (I've got that done, but haven't posted it). You can also run all the Liberty Apps except settings and settings provider and get even closer (the only app you cant run with out the liberty frameworks is browser.apk, it will force close due to permissions that are laid out in the D2 Frameworks that are different from D2G frameworks).

Also, I think Asphyx already said it but if, after SBF, you get stuck in bootloop, pull the battery, boot into stock recovery (hold X and power until the you see the android, then press the search button on the keyboard), wipe data/factory reset and reboot.

Good luck!
  20. CellZealot

CellZealot New Member

This is certain to be a very unpopular statement but here goes...

"De-Bluring" any Motorola phone invariably breaks some functions and doing so on Global devices is worse yet for all of the above stated reasons.

I have yet to see any Blurless build where Diag mode access properly functions for virtual serial port COM assignment allowing service programming with Qualcomm service ware. I realize this is a very insignificant consideration to average users but is indicative of how the Blur framework is integrated with the radio and other hardware on the phone and how complicated it is to remove the Motorola proprietary drivers.

This is why I don't use any of them and consider all to be far too much trouble and liability for what is gained.

To each his own. ;)
Search tags for this page

how to develop my own custom rom

i.made.my.own.android.rom

www daterom.com

www my daterom com