Liberty questions

D3m0nicSoul

Reaction score
Ok so right now im running stock firmware with root. Im just wondering how much better is liberty than stock? I know some people say it stops alot of random rebooting which ive always had problems with on all my verizon phones. Is it more stable and alot faster? And is it easy to screw up. For example has everyone who has installed a rom sbf'd atleast once?

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Ok so right now im running stock firmware with root. Im just wondering how much better is liberty than stock? I know some people say it stops alot of random rebooting which ive always had problems with on all my verizon phones. Is it more stable and alot faster? And is it easy to screw up. For example has everyone who has installed a rom sbf'd atleast once?

You'll be shocked at how much better it is.

My first sbf and only required sbf was after 4 months of installing roms and themes. Probably ~100 rom installs. Follow all directions and you'll probably not need to do it. That said, it only took me about 2.5 hours to figure out and successfully sbf the first time and now it's only a 10 minute process.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

D3m0nicSoul

Reaction score
i just dont wanna run into a million problems with it after i wipe. I mean i use my phone for everything. Like facebook, email, games, and just about everything you can imagine. But im so big on modding everything lol So do you think this would be a good switch for me?

Amagine

Reaction score
This would be a great ROM to start on. It's stable. In fact Liberty 1.0 was my first Andriod Rom (I've been around the hybrid OS realm a few times with blckberrys)

Getting back to full working order if you follow the steps is not a big deal, in fact it allows me to see what I REALLY need. and what I want to do.

first things first, sync your contacts to Goggle. Back up your call log, texts, mms with something like Back up to Gmail.
then get the DX Bootstrapper
Make a Back up with the Bootstrapper... just in case you have to fall back to it. This will allow you to return your phone to how it is now.
then follow the instructions to the letter and you should be fine

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I depend greatly upon my phone for work. I'm an IT director. I think my phone its more dependable running Liberty than it is running stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

D3m0nicSoul

Reaction score
Any way to backup apps? And does this delete pics and stuff or just system data?

Amagine

Reaction score
I wholly agree. Who you dir IT for jax?

Amagine

Reaction score
Any way to backup apps? And does this delete pics and stuff or just system data?
Titanium backup for root is your best friend for this.

It saves apps and data dancedroid so all your levels for angry birds are still there

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also use Appbrain which in my opinion is a must. It will compile a list of all your apps. If you have to reflash or replace your phone simply copy your apps from the list into the new list from your phone and it will que all your apps again.

OP
D

D3m0nicSoul

Reaction score
Titanium backup for root is your best friend for this.

It saves apps and data dancedroid so all your levels for angry birds are still there

how did you know i had angry bird!?! o_O lols stalker =P So is backing up apps safe or can that cause corruption?

snapper915

Reaction score
I am having a big problem with my phone. Lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

snapper915

Reaction score
No. I can't even get my computer to read it. Lol. This sucks. It reads my other Droid fine.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App