Having an issue with Liberty

Gerane

Reaction score
The problem i am having, is every once in a while, when i go to turn my DX on, like say, right after i get a text message, or a few seconds after I had just turned the screen off, it won't turn on. I will get no response from my home button or my power button. Only fix is to pull the battery. It seems random, and i can't pinpoint what is causing it.

First install of liberty, I went over top gummyjar. I was having random reboot issues, and the problem mentioned happened maybe once. So, I went and wiped and started fresh. but im still having this issue.

Im running the red liberty theme, but pretty certain I was having the issue prior to running the theme. Also, could the theme even be causing an issue like this?

Also, would like to note, that I had this issue when running gummyjar prior to using liberty. Are there any apps known for causing issues such as this?

Another thing im wondeirng, is after I install a rom, I use titanium to restore everything, could this be the issue? If so, what method should i use to restore?

Any help is appreciated!

Reaction score
I know titanium had been known to cause issues with restoring data especially with the newer roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
Look at the screen carefully, is very VERY dim?

I get this where I try to wake the device and it becomes unresponsive. But mine is "on" at like the dimmest setting possible. It will not respond to screen input or button input though. If you leave it for a minute does it come back to life? I've had it restart or come back to life today while experiencing this issue.

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Is there an alternative? Would titanium cause the type problem im having?

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
I've had that happen jon, but not yet on liberty. Had that happen on gummy some.

As far as screen brightness, I already run at bare minimum brightness

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
I've had that happen jon, but not yet on liberty. Had that happen on gummy some.

As far as screen brightness, I already run at bare minimum brightness

I don't mean the minimum brightness setting. My screen from a first take looks like its off! Only when you look at it at an angle can you see somewhat of an image. Next time your phone doesn't turn on, see if the screen is on (but still unresponsive) very slightly...

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Yeah, I know what your taking about, had that issue in gummyjar. I'll double check next time out hastens just in case.

What is the cause of that any how? Did you ever get or fixed?

Casen

Reaction score
Mine does it too,
running Big DX theme, with the uncapped data mod..
It will freeze up for a bit... Sometimes come back to life, or other times just reboot itself.

my install was a wipe from rubix then install.
I used titanium backup.
I changed all the build properties, except the stagefright

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
just had it happen again. The screen is not dim, just solid black. I had accidently deleted a wallpaper, went to a thread here to download it from mediafire.

As soon as the download started, dolphin browser froze and eventually fced. Opened it back up and it fc again. I have never had dolphin fc before, and have used it since day 1 of getting my DX. Tried to let download finish, turned screen off and back on, and it wouldnt turn on like stated before.

Have to pull battery to turn it back on.