Took a few weeks off, now im lost. HELP!

cannuh

Reaction score
Hey everyone i have a quick couple questions...

Ive been quite busy lately to say the least and havent gotten any time to flash or update my Liberty 2.0.1 to the GB or try anything new. Yet as of lately my phone has been getting real sluggish and acting reallllly weird. It rings when no one is calling, it makes riniging noises ive never heard and force closes some items.

Im pretty sure im still on the 2.2.1 Version yet im not sure. I was told that the 2.2.1 Version essentially was the 2.3.340, is this correct?

Also, if i did in fact have the 2.2.1, in essence would i have to go the 2.2.3, then up to the .596 i think it is? And do i have to SBF if so?

Im just wanting to either upgrade to the GB Liberty or something simple, work got in the way of life for a while and im stumped as to this!

Good golly i never thought itd be this complicated when i bought the phone to keep up with such things to make it run up to par.

Anything?

Reaction score
Steps to get from 2.2.1 liberty to gingerbread liberty.

1. SBF to stock 2.2.1
2. Root/Install bootstrap.
3. Download official gingerbread (search droidlife 596 rooted on google and choose the two part install method)
4. Install that in recovery, then wipe data, then flash most recent liberty rom.
5. All done :D

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums