Liberty gingerbread v0.7 droid 2

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah try it again. Do it manually. Dl the file in the toolbox. Say no when it asks to install. Then go into cw, do a wipe or 2 and the zip will be in the liberty/nightlies folder on the sd. I usually go to mounts/storage and mount system and data after the wipe but before installing just to be safe. Should work fine

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

John Gi

Reaction score
Ok I think I'm ready, I'm currently running 2.01 but I'm ready for some ginger bread,
Steps
1.flash my phone to leaked ginger bread ?
2.then flash .7 over it
3.wipe nd clean errythang?
4.enjoi?

Is that what I should do ladies and fellas?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into cw, wipe data. I always mount data and system to be safe, then install gb leak. Reboot, dl liberty 0.7, go into cw, wipe and mount again and install.

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

Mr. Steve

Reaction score
Once I get everything all set up is it alright if I use an app like Titanium to restore all my apks plus their data? Or should I just restore the apks without restoring the data?

CashClay

Reaction score
Once I get everything all set up is it alright if I use an app like Titanium to restore all my apks plus their data? Or should I just restore the apks without restoring the data?

Titanium is the ticket, for sure. Use as directed to restore apps and enjoy the feeling of Liberation. he he .

Mr. Steve

Reaction score
Right, but I was wondering if everything works right if you restore both the app and its data? I remember reading a post somewhere that someone restored the app and the data and they started having force close issues with pretty much everything. I really hope the answer is yes because I know how much of a pain it is to restore everything through the market.

CashClay

Reaction score
I have not noticed any ill affects of the restore "apps + data" option. That is what I have done at least 3 times, recently. Personally, I witnessed nothing worthy to report except getting my apps re-installed in a condition that I left them in, on my back-up. Profiles came over fine, all files within the restored directories worked.

Last edited:

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
The only thing I restore data to is stuff for the text messaging (handcent), regular emails, contact info, and important stuff like that. The rest I just back-up apps only and restore apps with no data. I had a few apps act weird on the new LGB ROM but they were fine on the Liberty Froyo ROM.

I think what may have happened, and also explains why others have serious force close issues, is backing up apps + data that were themed for the Liberty Froyo ROM. So, therefore incompatibility came into play. You should revert all themed apps to the original before restoring it plus the data on the new LGB ROM.