Liberty 2.0 works with v7 romer

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
The lights for the soft keys below the screen is normal, well i guess a known bug would be a better word to use.

As for the sensors, I agree, it is kind of nice. I usually disable the rotation sensor on my phone anyways because if I want the phone in landscape mode I always have the keyboard out anyways.

Has any one else had problems when the phone goes to sleep, it wont fully wake back up. The backlight comes on, but the screen will not bring up my lock screen. It usually does this once, twice, maybe three times a day. I have a profile in SetCPU to keep the cpu at 300Mhz with a conservative governor. Could that be a problem? I cant recall if it did it with out that profile, and its the only profile i have set up. I will disable it and test, but just wondered if any one else suspects this could be the issue? Otherwise the phone runs great on Liberty.

Last edited:

Kimo91

Reaction score
OK I'm trying to understand this...my Droid 2 global will be here Friday and I want to root and use liberty rom...what would the steps be for me to do that without bricking my new phone? I already paid for the liberty toolbox so would I download the rom from there? I love liberty on my current Droid 2 and would like it on my global

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You would have to download it from the release thread. It doesnt recognize the phone and wont show the rom to download it.

Steps:
wipe data/cache
flash liberty
flash romer
put the fix on page 8 on your sd card in the Liberty folder

thats it.

attoycity

Reaction score
Your welcome, if you need any help pm me and i can walk you through it

Brother, will this rom work on GSM? Because I am from Singapore using unlocked d2g.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Yes it will. When its installed go to the dialer and type *#*#4636#*#*, this will bring you to the testing menu, select phone info, go down to Set preferred network type, select GSM only.
Yes it will from my own experience:icon_ banana:

keolawills

Reaction score
Ok, I sbf'd to stock, got the OTA update, rooted, deleted liberty folder off sdcard, unzipped libertyfolder.zip into sdcard, flashed 2.0.1, flashed romerv7, downloaded liberty toolbox, disabled automatic updates, and im still getting reboots. Any advice? Should I start over and flash 2.0? It seems to always reboot a minute after I disconnect charger, usually two reboots. And then 3 or 4 throughtout the day.

Edit: I restored a nandroid back to stock and unrooted. Still got a reboot.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Last edited:

boogster

Reaction score
hey just a quik question i am currently on fission and want to go on to liberty would it be safe to do it from fission or would flashing back to a stock nandroid be better thanks

sid_wisc

Reaction score
hey just a quik question i am currently on fission and want to go on to liberty would it be safe to do it from fission or would flashing back to a stock nandroid be better thanks

I have gone from Fission to Liberty absolutely fine. Just make sure to clear data/cache and install v7 romer after the liberty... Also, make sure you have the unzipped liberty folder from this thread (I think pg 7) in the SD card before you install... N'joy:icon_ banana:

boogster

Reaction score
ok i managed to install liberty 2.01 with the romer and the liberty mod fix but whenever i switch to gsm mode by *#*#4636#*#* the phone just restarts i have also tried flashing liberty 2.0 with the romer and the same thing happens is there a way around this or is this cdma only

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Did you test to see if the phone was GSM only after the reboot? I suspect the reboot is normal to switch modes like that. Why are you trying to go GSM only though?

arsci

Reaction score
Soooo I'm thinking of trying liberty again, has there been any word on the sensors thing being fixed? I tried liberty once and loved it (then I managed to brick it) but the sensors thing is sort of pushing me away...does navigation work with those sensors disabled? Also the 4 buttons at the bottom did some weird lighting stuff...like they would stay lit for a little while after I locked the phone.

Another question I've got is how is battery life with liberty compared to stock, or even fission.

Also I noticed all the bloatware was gone. Is there a way to get the stock alarm app back? I know this is probably odd, but it's the only app ive found that is reliable and that I like how it works.

Last edited:

boogster

Reaction score
cause i live in australia and we only have gsm networks, gsm works fine with fission and stock roms though thats why i dont understand it

how do i check if the phone is gsm only after a reboot?

boogster

Reaction score
ok i flashed liberty again it works perfect in cdma mode but asoon as i switch it to gsm and it connects to my network provider it reboots again, is this a problem that i am only having or have others managed to get liberty running in gsm mode

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Soooo I'm thinking of trying liberty again, has there been any word on the sensors thing being fixed? I tried liberty once and loved it (then I managed to brick it) but the sensors thing is sort of pushing me away...does navigation work with those sensors disabled? Also the 4 buttons at the bottom did some weird lighting stuff...like they would stay lit for a little while after I locked the phone.

Another question I've got is how is battery life with liberty compared to stock, or even fission.

Also I noticed all the bloatware was gone. Is there a way to get the stock alarm app back? I know this is probably odd, but it's the only app ive found that is reliable and that I like how it works.

1. Sensors - No the sensors still do not work. Not a big deal to me other then the proximity sensor, but just my oppinion.

2. Navigation - Navi uses GPS so I see no reason the sensors should have any impact on navi.

3. Soft Keys(below screen) - Yes they still stay on for about 15 seconds after the screen is off, most, but not all of the time. 15 seconds of these keys being lit isnt really going to put a big drain on the battery, so I see no reason to worry about it personally.

4. Battery Life- I need to track down a battery killer on my phone i Think so no comment here.

5. Stock Alarm - It may be possible, but this would be a do it your self mod as the alarm is part of blur. Here is a thread with some info if your brave:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...xt-messaging-apex-v1-possibly-other-roms.html
Try Alarm Clock Pro. Works great for me and can read the time and weather to you when it goes off.

CRONx1503

Reaction score
so after about 4 or 5 different flashes i FINALLY got liberty 2.0.1 runnin on my d2g... so people dont have to go through pages to find it again-

- delete 'liberty' folder on SD before flash
- unzip new patch HERE to root of SD
- create back-up
- wipe data/cache/delvik/batt.stats
- flash liberty 2.0.1
- flash grd romer v7
- boot, then download liberty tool box
- go to setting>liberty settings> and uncheck 'Automatic Updates'

reboot both manually and by power button a few times... seems to be working so far for me.... nice to have market and browser :D thanks to everyone that had the issues so i could learn from the mistakes :D