Liberty 2.0 possible on Droid 2 Global?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Global Roms' started by Jonas, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I am a new guy on here, and I have been trying to read up and understand how to flash roms on to phones. I have rooted 3 droid phones in the past, so I am semi-familiar with the hacking bit, but I am a little fuzzy on how these roms work. Is Liberty 2.0 a rom by itself, or does it go on another rom? Is there somewhere I can go to read about this, or something I can type into google to aid me? I am more than willing to read, I just don't know where to start.

My main goal is to have Liberty 2.0 functioning on my Droid 2 Global. If that is not possible, what is the closest setup I can get? Also, I apologize if this is already a thread somewhere else, I tried googling this, and could not find a clear answer.

I found this thread about flashing Liberty 2.0 on to a Droid 2 Global with something called Romerv7. But I don't think I understand what is talking about when it says to use romer.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/get-r-done/137849-liberty-2-0-works-v7-romer.html
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. mopar57

mopar57 Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Ok, so as I understand it; I need to install the rom to my SD card, flash it like a normal droid 2 rom, and then use this romerv7 as a "fix", to make it compatible? Sorry for the newbie questions, but I would rather look like a fool than have a bricked droid. Thanks for the link, I will surely read that through tonight, and post any questions I have.

Edit: The thread mentions Liberty 1.5. Is that the only supported version, or should I follow these directions for Liberty 2.0 also?
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  4. bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Liberty 2.0 is a bit more complicated. You will be better off following the thread specific to liberty 2.0. I will post a link when I find it. Although you should find it in the grd forum.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  5. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +15
    [SUB][/SUB]
    I installed it, broke it, and have now fixed it. Thanks for the help guys! :)
Search tags for this page
liberty 3 for droid 2 global

liberty rom d2g download