Liberty 1.75

shawn13165

Reaction score
When sbf a droid, does it wipe everything from the sd card and all. Like photos and music and things like that? Sorry for going off topic here. Patiently waiting for the new Liberty!!!! Can't wait

Sent from my liberated Droid 2

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
When sbf a droid, does it wipe everything from the sd card and all. Like photos and music and things like that? Sorry for going off topic here. Patiently waiting for the new Liberty!!!! Can't wait

SD card is untouched.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

shawn13165

Reaction score

SD card is untouched.

Thanks. That was quick reply

debrad0307

Reaction score
So.. I've read all of these posts, I'm on liberty 1.5 now.. I shouldn't have to SBF, right? Just install the new liberty and done?

jaxenroth

Reaction score
Can't wait! Went from RubiX to Liberty to GB and now am excited for 2.0. I like GB but my phone definitely does not feel as smooth as it did with blurless roms.

Did you overclock or freeze any bloat? I'm really on the fence about trying GB.

I got tired of waiting, so i loaded prerooted gb. Everything is running smooth. Zero issues. All apps working, titanium back up works, so does DX overclock. Here's what I did.

1. DL rooted gb and placed to sd card, booted into recovery.
2. Wiped data, Catch, and Delv Catch.
3. Loaded gb zip, and rebooted.
4. After reboot, *228, actv'd than *228 update roaming.
5. DL D2 bootstrap (now i have a recovery)
6. Reins't Titanium backup, restored my apps
7. Froze bloat
8. Booted to recovery, and made my back up.

Like I said, everythings running great.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess my question is if I flash the rooted GB and then Liberty 2.0 comes out would I just flash it like a new ROM or is there more I would have to do?

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
I guess my question is if I flash the rooted GB and then Liberty 2.0 comes out would I just flash it like a new ROM or is there more I would have to do?

You would have to flash back to froyo first. Liberty will not work on top of gb. Use maderstock, monster or sbf whatever you prefer but do not flash liberty on gb.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
So.. I've read all of these posts, I'm on liberty 1.5 now.. I shouldn't have to SBF, right? Just install the new liberty and done?

I'm sure jrummy will post detailed instructions when he releases it. Generally a data wipe is all that's necessary but some devs recommend going back to stock first. But like I said, just follow the directions jrummy posts and you'll be fine. The man knows what he's doing :)

jaxenroth

Reaction score
@nerd, this is from Sensei.

"Bootstrap, reboot recovery. Data wipe/ factory reset. Flash maderstock or TBH monster 2.3.340 updater...
reboot, sign into google... you are now stock.

re-root, bootstrap recovery, flash Liberty"

If you are running rooted gb, and have D2 bootstrap inst'd and have either maderstocks or TBH zip, do as stated above. D2 bootstrap only works with gb, Dx bootstrap will not, if you have a dx, the d2 bootstrap will work on it. Do the above to go from gb to froyo. Once your phone is froyo, you can than flash liberty.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok.....but I have to admit....I would love to try this GB but I think it is just me itching to run something new....I am really trying to hold out for Liberty 2.0....but I am like an addict and I am going through withdraws to try something new...

If I stick with 1.5 till 2.0 drops it would be an easy flash over right?

debrad0307

Reaction score

I'm sure jrummy will post detailed instructions when he releases it. Generally a data wipe is all that's necessary but some devs recommend going back to stock first. But like I said, just follow the directions jrummy posts and you'll be fine. The man knows what he's doing :)

Awesome thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye out for the release. Hopefully it's out soon.

Joneser2006

Reaction score
Hmmm, if we nandroid back to an Apex or Liberty rom from GB, will we be able to flash new Liberty? Or, do we still need to SBF?

Crispityyy

Reaction score
Hmmm, if we nandroid back to an Apex or Liberty rom from GB, will we be able to flash new Liberty? Or, do we still need to SBF?

From what Ive seen in the past, the ONLY reason you have to SBF, is it you have loaded the new Gingerbread.

So, even though it has been said plenty of times before, NO SBF is needed if coming from Liberty, or stock 2.2, or any other froyo (2.3.34 version) based ROM...

Heres to hoping for a new Liberty within 24 hours :biggrin: