Will someone explain gingerbread

lpulle

Reaction score
Will someone take a few minutes to explain what gb is. Will I have to uninstall liberty. Shucks - I'm waiting for Liberty 1.75 anytime

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Gingerbread is the next version of the Android operating system. If you flash the leaked gingerbread from tbh then it will leave you unrooted and without liberty. that is of course until they find a way to root it and a liberty rom gets made for it.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its just the next build of the android OS. if it comes out smoothly, the next version of liberty should be on it.

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
Ok - then this is kinda what we have been waiting for from MOTO????

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
Thanks for the info -- guess we could sbf back to 2.3.2. Right? ??

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
Well __ since it can't be rooted _ I'm going to stay with Liberty as I have to use the 3g hotspots for my computer wifi. Soon they will come out with rooting

OP
lpulle

lpulle

Reaction score
Thank you Spaz __ really been a great day for D2

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I think you should wait for ota of gb in my opinion gb isn't life changing in any way from what I seen. Yeah its faster but not really a omg I need this right now type of thing lol Besides I hate sbf to go back to stock so ill just enjoy liberty in the mean time :)

Will someone take a few minutes to explain what gb is. Will I have to uninstall liberty. Shucks - I'm waiting for Liberty 1.75 anytime

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

eqforus5

Reaction score
Gonna be putting Liberty on my D2G this morning and if GB can't be rooted yet then it is definitely worth it to wait until it can be in order to enjoy all of the roms we have right now. I don't want to loose my root when I haven't even started to explore the possibilities yet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you should wait for ota of gb in my opinion gb isn't life changing in any way from what I seen. Yeah its faster but not really a omg I need this right now type of thing lol Besides I hate sbf to go back to stock so ill just enjoy liberty in the mean time :)

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Well, life changing would be extreme. How about it makes you feel like you got a new phone? That's how I feel. It rocks, I love it. It's a huge step from Froyo.

eqforus5

Reaction score
How is it different? What makes it better? You have made me very curious now.