Liberty 1.5 takes over my phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTW

Reaction score
Mine was working fine until I plugged it into a computer and then it started a death spiral.

deathshead

Reaction score
Just had this happen here, and i just ended up wiping cash/data, but Ill tell you what Im not going to be dicking around with this rom anymore....

I pulled battery over 4 times and was still NG. Trying out Apex 1.4.0

Last edited:

bassdj

SliceThemez Theme Creator
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
iamandroid.co
So this just happened to me out of nowhere ? I have had the same Liberty.zip since the second it came out on this forum so I dont know how it would just end up getting it.

Should I download another Liberty zip and look for that .so file before I install it ?

I just pulled my battery 4 times and now its fine.
Im running your theme btw :)

k1ng617

Reaction score
Yea just happened to me too! It acted funny this afternoon and then just earlier it locked my touch screen and I pulled the battery 3 times and each time it rebooted it opened a browser typed "Ly 1.5 awesome" and locked my screen wtf???? This is crazy... I got the file from here and are running 1.5

k1ng617

Reaction score
Also I didn't do anything to "take credit away" from them. Only mods I did was via the toolbox.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think this was placed to intentionally affect us. It's not about anyone here taking credit I'm sure. It was meant for someone else.

tappin and a talkin

Smashie

Reaction score
I cannot delete the file. It keeps saying Cannot delete file. What now?

jangle

Reaction score
If you cannot delete it you need to get into the sdk adb data base from your computer remove the sd card and get a su terminal going and manually delete it. The other option is to buy root explorer from the market and install it, then use it in su (change the R/O to R/W on the top and then you can delete it)

chykal

Reaction score
Running Liberty 1.5 with no mods. Here is what happened to me. For the 3rd time in a week my phone rang and I could not answer it. The screen would not even come on. After a couple minutes of ringing I had to pull the battery to get it to stop. Upon boot up I was locked out. The screen was completely unresponsive. I finally pulled the battery and then unlocked it as soon as the unlock swipe came up. This let me in but it almost immediately launched a browser on it's own and started typing "Liberty 1.5 Awesome" and then searched. Results came up but once again the screen was unresponsive.

3 or 4 battery pulls later I got into Clockwork and was able to clear cache, wipe data and start over. Another wierd thing is that even after the factory reset I am still running Liberty 1.5 Rom.

I sure would like to hear from the dev's on this one. Even so I believe I am either going stock after this or at least switching roms.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well a factory reset always leaves you on the same Rom so that explains that. I would like to hear from jrummy but I think its not nearly as malicious as it appears.

tappin and a talkin

bassdj

SliceThemez Theme Creator
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
iamandroid.co
Running Liberty 1.5 with no mods. Here is what happened to me. For the 3rd time in a week my phone rang and I could not answer it. The screen would not even come on. After a couple minutes of ringing I had to pull the battery to get it to stop. Upon boot up I was locked out. The screen was completely unresponsive. I finally pulled the battery and then unlocked it as soon as the unlock swipe came up. This let me in but it almost immediately launched a browser on it's own and started typing "Liberty 1.5 Awesome" and then searched. Results came up but once again the screen was unresponsive.

3 or 4 battery pulls later I got into Clockwork and was able to clear cache, wipe data and start over. Another wierd thing is that even after the factory reset I am still running Liberty 1.5 Rom.

I sure would like to hear from the dev's on this one. Even so I believe I am either going stock after this or at least switching roms.

dude, we've been over this in this entire forum. look at post #9 of this link
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-their-phone-taken-control-liberty-1-5-a.html
You're welcome

chykal

Reaction score
Well a factory reset always leaves you on the same Rom so that explains that. I would like to hear from jrummy but I think its not nearly as malicious as it appears.

tappin and a talkin

You are joking right? My phone is is extremely important to me and I need for it to be as reliable as possible. I started romming becaust I hated Blur and the crazy things it did to my phone. If this is a problem caused by Liberty and its dev's it will prove to be disasterous to their reputations. I am already sbf'ing back to stock for now.

chykal

Reaction score
"its not nearly as malicious as it appears"

I was without my phone for over half an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.