Liberty 1.5 Coming soon

hunterwrot

Reaction score
Here is something to hold you over if your bored. I am just pasting the same thing i posted on another forum. This may be old news but its new to me.

Anyone know about sephtin.com. Can create a custom theme on your comp and flash it to your phone. Its so easy a caveman can do it. I was bored so i signed up on twitter to follow jrummy to see when 1.5 is out and saw this. If its already known sorry but i thought it was cool to take peices of other themes and string them togather to make my first custom liberty theme. Im no themer you can tell by how ugly my theme turned out.
sephtin.com

LocoRon

Reaction score
Speaking of themes in the Liberty toolbox, I'd really like for there to be a confirmation prompt before applying a theme or installing an add-on, because it's too easy to accidentally touch one of the options and have it installed without the option to cancel.

Hit the back button while its downloading. If not that force close the application. But your screwed if you already have the themed downloaded.

That actually doesn't work--or at least, it didn't for me. I was just checking the theme menu idly wondering if there might be something new, then my stupid itchy trigger finger twitched, and immediately the download started... I instantly backed the heck out of there, then decided to look for some apps in the market. Well, a few minutes later, the phone shuts down, and low and behold, the theme I clicked on is being applied...

The force close option would probably work, but that certainly wasn't something I thought of (backing out seemed like it stopped the process).

tl;dr Confirmation before applying a theme, etc. would be great. :)

trook

Reaction score
I'm gettn the twitches waiting for this.

Seems like it is in themers hands longer than the period between updates.....
Why is it that they want it themed from the getgo. Most others release a vanilla and then we start to get themes. Just wondering.
Because we like having options right out of the box. Pretty simple thought.

sent from my Liberty infused Droid 2

Also so that liberty toolbox works correctly I assume. If they were missing a theme and told people not to select it (in liberty toolbox) or else it would brick your phone I guarantee at least 5 people would still try it just from stupidity then come here and whine that this is a terrible rom. Just my thought.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
How true that is

miketoasty

Reaction score
Speaking of themes in the Liberty toolbox, I'd really like for there to be a confirmation prompt before applying a theme or installing an add-on, because it's too easy to accidentally touch one of the options and have it installed without the option to cancel.

Hit the back button while its downloading. If not that force close the application. But your screwed if you already have the themed downloaded.

That actually doesn't work--or at least, it didn't for me. I was just checking the theme menu idly wondering if there might be something new, then my stupid itchy trigger finger twitched, and immediately the download started... I instantly backed the heck out of there, then decided to look for some apps in the market. Well, a few minutes later, the phone shuts down, and low and behold, the theme I clicked on is being applied...

The force close option would probably work, but that certainly wasn't something I thought of (backing out seemed like it stopped the process).

tl;dr Confirmation before applying a theme, etc. would be great. :)

I completely agree as force closing is a terrible way to have to cancel a download.

And man I am going crazy over here waiting for 1.5, checking this forum every hour or so (Bored at work but still super excited). I want to have something to play with this weekend!

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
Opinions

I need some opinions i recently went back to stock Droid 2...i had liberty 1.0 and now i wondering if i should flash 1.0 or if i should wait for 1.5 or should i just wait for the next ota and then flash 1.5 or by that time the way its looking 2.0??? just looking for any opinions thanks !:motdroidvert::greendroid::motdroidvert:

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
Man i searched high and low theres so many different assumptions i dont even think the developers know yet ...its like asking when will Sarah Palin stop taking it in the ass?? nobody knows !!!:)

Last edited:

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
its more of a mind boggled statement but no is another way of saying it i guess...yeah me personally i have know idea i spent three hours last night researching and got no where !

JustJack1235

Reaction score
I did the same today....but I did find out vzw will be releasing a new droid phone in the spring. The droid hybrid.. think that's the name but its the android version of the i4 and evo4g all rolled in one

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
Flash 1.0 you can upgrade to 1.5 and the ota my never come.

this is true u make a valid point but the last time i almost bricked my phone trying to get back to stock ....it was sort of a adrenaline rush quite the experience i must say !

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
Flash 1.0 you can upgrade to 1.5 and the ota my never come.

this is true u make a valid point but the last time i almost bricked my phone trying to get back to stock ....it was sort of a adrenaline rush quite the experience i must say !