Dx theme compatibility ?

es0tericcha0s

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm finishing up my theme for the Dx, and I have it working on the D2G too, but just curious if there were any differences in the frameworks or Settings apks between that (D2G) and the D2 rom or will it work with no issues? Thanks in advance...

PS. If you are curious about the theme, more info and a teaser shot can be found here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...ers-needed-infinite-cha0s-theme-new-post.html

sparkyman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Would love to help test

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
E

es0tericcha0s

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cool man, I would appreciate it. :) I could give you the D2G theme to try, if you want. Worst case scenario is that you might have to SBF back, or best case scenario, you enjoy a sweet theme that no one else has on a D2 yet. ;) If you want to be extra careful, you can send me the framework from your phone, and I'll throw everything in there for you. I just haven't had the ambition to download the whole rom just for the framework yet. I don't THINK there are any differences between the two phones (for this purpose), beyond the radio versions it seems. That would not affect the theme, however, I haven't heard the official answer on that so it's just as much speculation as anything. Lemme know which direction you want to go and I'll hook you up. Thanks for the interest. :)

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hey bro, here are your differences.

Swype - DX/D2/D2G are all different, need to be in the theme for the proper phone if you are skinning them. I have the stock versions and themed ones in my theme threads, post 2 if you want an idea of what to change (make sure you look at the assets/keyboards folder for the keypads) (Theme links in my signature)

LatinIME.apk - Same for DX/D2, different for D2G

Framework/settings are the same across the board

I wanna say that's it. IF you need anything, pm me your GTalk.

OP
E

es0tericcha0s

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey bro, here are your differences.

Swype - DX/D2/D2G are all different, need to be in the theme for the proper phone if you are skinning them. I have the stock versions and themed ones in my theme threads, post 2 if you want an idea of what to change (make sure you look at the assets/keyboards folder for the keypads) (Theme links in my signature)

LatinIME.apk - Same for DX/D2, different for D2G

Framework/settings are the same across the board

I wanna say that's it. IF you need anything, pm me your GTalk.

Perfect man. Thanks! I wish I would have known that, and saved the time between downloading the other roms and swapping everything in. LoL It's all good for later though.