LGB and lovin' it.

Reaction score
Man, I was using 2.0.1 for the past few weeks, but I finally made the switch to LGB .05 and I love it. I did some quickclock tweaking with my voltage and speeds and my phone is killing it now! I'm running 1100mhz undervolted and it's super stable. My battery life has tripled since using 2.0.1. Not kidding! It's so nice to be able to make it through the day and still be able to play on my phone.

Long story short, thanks JRummy and devteam! You guys are wonderful people. All you 2.0.1-ers still flopping around should definitely get on board.

P

PILLKOZ

What were the particular settings you used? Cuz I switched to lab yesterday and I downloaded DROID overclock and it kept rebooting my phone when I opened it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
SalsaDestroyer
Reaction score
How stable it is for your phone is going to differ from mine since they handle things differently, but here's what I am running on:

300 @ 19vsel
600 @ 33vsel
800 @ 42 vsel
1100 @ 58vsel

with 10.0 stability buffer and battery saver profile

This thing runs super smooth. I've been under moderate/heavy usage for 7 1/2 hours and I'm still at 80%.

My best suggestion for you is to go to QuickClock and use their calibration test. Once you get the min. voltage and max speeds, tweak it for however reasonable of speeds/voltage you'll want. The once you type in the speeds you want and the stability buffer % you want, click calculate and you're good to go.

If you want, you can export your settings for express use with Droid Overclock. That's what I've done.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man, I was using 2.0.1 for the past few weeks, but I finally made the switch to LGB .05 and I love it. I did some quickclock tweaking with my voltage and speeds and my phone is killing it now! I'm running 1100mhz undervolted and it's super stable. My battery life has tripled since using 2.0.1. Not kidding! It's so nice to be able to make it through the day and still be able to play on my phone.

Long story short, thanks JRummy and devteam! You guys are wonderful people. All you 2.0.1-ers still flopping around should definitely get on board.

I have been flopping around and i read all these posts on how great it is, but usually they are on the dx (I'm running on a d2). I wonder if it's just as stable? I'm getting restless though.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
SalsaDestroyer
Reaction score
I haven't really heard too much about people struggling with D2 roms. I obviously can't give much advice on that, but I've seen a few D2 people hanging around on the Liberty threads. I hadn't seen any panicked users, so I think you should be good to go? :huh:

Just make sure you're careful with the whole upgrade path and wiping...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah cause I love liberty 2.0. Its just my favorite rom by far and if lgb tops it, ill have to give it a flash. First I have to get on the leak for d2 (its just been sitting on my sd, waiting for me to flash it)

OP
SalsaDestroyer
Reaction score
Well, don't worry too much about the whole thing, dude. If you screw up, SBFflash and/or RSDlite aren't difficult processes. They just suck because you're pretty much starting over.

honestly, as long as you've got a backup of what you're using now, you should definitely pull the trigger. It's been really worth it for me. You can do it!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I know. I've sbfd a million times. Its just a pain thats all to set it all up again. I'm doing it.

OP
SalsaDestroyer
Reaction score
haha, good man. Go for it. I think you'll be pleased.

and yeah, SBF is definitely a pain...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just read a post on the nightly 0.4 thread and someone is having a problem going from gb back to stock froyo (sbf). Reading crap like this makes me weary. Its one thing going rom to rom, maybe another going from one operating system to another. I'm gonna do it anyway. Screw it

AmsuJackal

Reaction score
i was extremely wary at first too. i read things about it being unstable, alarm apps not working (i need those), not being able to go back, bad signal, etc.

I donated to liberty and got the toolbox, upgraded to the 0.1 version then upgraded to 0.5, and im happy to report that theres absolutely no bugs/glitches, signal is better, my 3g doesnt drop anymore, and my battery life literally TRIPLED. i can attest to the earlier poster's claim.

i say dump froyo and get on LGB 0.5 right now. pull the trigger. DO EET.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assume you're on a dx though. I hear great things from dx users, but not so great from d2 users (there are exceptions of course). I'll get to it. Need to get on the leak first.

OP
SalsaDestroyer
Reaction score
My phone was beasting it today, for some reason. I had 20 hours left and was still at 80%.

I had to tweak some things (AOSP/Blur Calendar, Desk Clock) in Liberty Customizer, which required me to do a reboot. I did that and had to change my speeds back to how I had them before I rebooted (I was still testing the speeds/voltages before setting as boot).

Ever since then, my phone went into some sort of prolonged bootloop. It would boot, work for maybe 2 minutes and then reboot. I did several battery pulls, cleared cache, etc. Nothing seemed to work. I reset my Liberty Customizer apps and it still bootlooped. I reset my speeds back to stock/default settings. No luck.

Long story short, I factory reset and reverted back to LGB v0.1 and then upgraded again to v0.5. Ugh. I haven't touched my overclock settings just yet. I'm going to wait until my phone recharges before I try and figure out what was causing the problems...

I'll let you guys know if anything changes. Other than that (probably a freak occurrence) and the Calendar not working, I love this thing. SO smooth and fast.