let's vote when the Bionic will finally get ICS

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I don't think it's quite fair to say they don't care about happy customers. At some point, they have to care about happy customers, otherwise there will be no $$. Whether we like it or not, shipping new phones is the reality, and when you don't keep up and push the market, well, look at where RIM is today.

I want ICS as much as the next guy, but wait... I'm on ICS on my Bionic. So nevermind. Unless you're having a specific issue that's not fixed in one of the available leaked builds, the only thing that OTA will give us is a final blessed build and no further reason to gripe on the forums, no?

My vote/guess - OTA build 249 will soak on Oct 29 and get pushed on Oct 31.

TvVoice

Reaction score
Caren4u2 said:
Well....now I'm gonna say Juvember 32nd.
Who's gonna take the $100 if this doesn't happen?

Juvember 32nd?? We are already past that date! I don't think it will be until the fourth week of Decembruary now (and that's a maybe)!

TvVoice

Reaction score
Crazebeats said:
Upgrade is 18 months under normal circumstances, you can do at 12 months if you call and complain

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Who do you call...Ghostbusters?

DUBBLE6S

Reaction score
I don't think it's quite fair to say they don't care about happy customers. At some point, they have to care about happy customers, otherwise there will be no $$. Whether we like it or not, shipping new phones is the reality, and when you don't keep up and push the market, well, look at where RIM is today.

I want ICS as much as the next guy, but wait... I'm on ICS on my Bionic. So nevermind. Unless you're having a specific issue that's not fixed in one of the available leaked builds, the only thing that OTA will give us is a final blessed build and no further reason to gripe on the forums, no?

My vote/guess - OTA build 249 will soak on Oct 29 and get pushed on Oct 31.

How can I acquire the 247 leaked version? Is it on the site somewhere? Or a link to it maybe?

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
How can I acquire the 247 leaked version? Is it on the site somewhere? Or a link to it maybe?

Go to the Wireless Moot thread - find a post by SamuriHL and then look in his Sig. There are 2 links in it that should have all the information you should need along with download links.

Just read it carefully, and thoroughly, follow instructions and it works well for most.

josh1980

Reaction score

You are kidding right? If they cared significantly about happy customers ICS would have rolled out Q2! Remember that Motorola had promised ICS 6 weeks(not months.. weeks!) after it was officially released.They care only enough that they can keep sales up. Let's face it.. how many people have gone from a Bionic to one of the RAZRs? A significant number, so I'm not exactly holding my breath that "unhappy" customers will ditch Motorola and/or Verizon. I know you're going to mention that some have gone to the SG3.. but some people that had Samsung last time will go to a RAZR now.. the real issue is the number of people bailing on the Bionic for another Motorola phone. The bottom line is that Motorola is pretty much king of the hill with regards to phone quality. Verizon is pretty much king of the hill with regards to network buildout. So no, they don't have to care very much about happy customers because too many people will still choose Motorola and Verizon just because of those 2 facts. They have to care JUST enough to make you look like a fool if you complain about your cell service or phone manufacturer. They're doing it pretty well too!

Trying to compare RIM to the issues Motorola is having is just plain wrong. RIM didn't even TRY to compete with new innovative phones. It had nothing to do with updates not being released, poor hardware design, or a poor cell phone service. The issue was that RIM didn't innovate. RIM is NOT in any way similar to what Motorola is doing.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Anyone want to vote on when the Bionic will get Jelly Bean now? Tee hee...

marleyinoc

Reaction score
We'll have a leak before Thanksgiving. Officially January.

I also do card tricks. But they suck too.

-Bionic 6.7.246 via HoB