SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Lol nice.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Crazebeats

Reaction score
The only way I see them doing anything for any of us early is if you pretty much come thru the phone and demand management and maybe they will break, I may call and threaten to take my 4 lines back to at&t

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Lol you have more power than you think. I had a thunderbolt because they were removing the unlimited plan and bionic release was after the date they were removing it. 1 week after the bionic was released I called and spoke with them. I demanded a different device and they gave me 3 options. The charge, some lg and the bionic as a option. This was only 1 week after bionic was released. I got the thunderbolt the week it was released so I had it for 6 months roughly. I paid nothing, they just sent me a replacement device and had to send the extended battery since they didn't have regular ones in stock. My contracts up in February next year and haven't decided what to do yet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread is rather amusing. Lol. I toss the week of October 22 into the ring and 247 as the ota build. Further I'll predict jb in January.

And JB will appear on the Bionic 2 (out July 2013), but won't get the upgrade to Key Lime Pie until May 2014 (after 10 leaks, the first appearing in October 2013). :biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
BIONICPREDATOR
Reaction score
Crazebeats said:
Lol you have more power than you think. I had a thunderbolt because they were removing the unlimited plan and bionic release was after the date they were removing it. 1 week after the bionic was released I called and spoke with them. I demanded a different device and they gave me 3 options. The charge, some lg and the bionic as a option. This was only 1 week after bionic was released. I got the thunderbolt the week it was released so I had it for 6 months roughly. I paid nothing, they just sent me a replacement device and had to send the extended battery since they didn't have regular ones in stock. My contracts up in February next year and haven't decided what to do yet
Well I will call them and raise some eyebrows if it gets me a Razr Maxx, I'm so tired of my battery and extended battery woes and the wait for ICS. So what was your angle to get them to offer it, what did you say to start your swap?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
BIONICPREDATOR
Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
This thread is rather amusing. Lol. I toss the week of October 22 into the ring and 247 as the ota build. Further I'll predict jb in January.

Whatever Sam! Lol, you know when we are really getting the OTA, you're just laughing at everyone including myself with the fear of jumping on HOB, the 22nd is far away

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Whatever Sam! Lol, you know when we are really getting the OTA, you're just laughing at everyone including myself with the fear of jumping on HOB, the 22nd is far away

I actually don't know, sadly. I wish I did. NO ONE seems to know for sure when it's going to roll. No one was expecting 247, either. I couldn't are less about the OTA other than I can't get a new FXZ until it's rolling.

jhom

Reaction score
To quote the guy who will be firing Big Bird, I'll betcha 10,000 bucks that we will be getting the OTA this month.

donzz

Reaction score
To quote the guy that said I'd save $8000 /year on fuel, I'll bet that much it'll be in December.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
aaf709 said:
And JB will appear on the Bionic 2 (out July 2013), but won't get the upgrade to Key Lime Pie until May 2014 (after 10 leaks, the first appearing in October 2013). :biggrin:

And how do u know there is a bionic 2 and about when it will come out.

JaeL41

Reaction score
I think because they only said Q4, and how they have bs'd in the past... it will most likely be mid November or late December... I'm not getting my hopes up though...

wheeler062505

Reaction score
JaeL41 said:
I think because they only said Q4, and how they have bs'd in the past... it will most likely be mid November or late December... I'm not getting my hopes up though...

Right?!

josh1980

Reaction score
Eh.. just like my sig says from February. I predicted we'd get screwed over by Motorola. Just seeing how our phone was treated before 2012 began I knew it wasn't going to be a pretty picture.

I still think Q4 is pretty darn likely for ICS. It's all but written that we'll get it this quarter. I can't imagine Motorola would be dumb enough to push off ICS until Q1 2013 unless we were getting a direct upgrade to JB. I don't think that's very likely though. Considering the comments in the moot thread mention that 247 has changes that appear to be pre-JB fixes it seems to me that we stand a better chance of getting JB than we did a week ago.

Right now, my biggest "concern" with us getting JB is the number of people ditching the Bionic. I'm pretty sure Verizon has a way to quickly check the total number of Bionics on their network. My guess is if that number goes too low then Motorola won't give us JB because they won't see a "return on their investment". I'm talking strictly from a monetary point of view. I don't think they give a rat's a** about if they have a small number of happy customers or not. They only care about $$$. At that point they'll really only be updating the phone so the used Bionics that are out there will compete with other newer phones. And let's face it.. Motorola wants us to buy more new phones and not used ones!

So, in my opinion... if there aren't enough Bionics out there, we won't see JB. I firmly believe this is why the Atrix 4G didn't get ICS. That phone is 21 months old and while the hardware isn't that bad I'm betting a lot of Atrix 4G users have upgraded and only a small (but obviously vocal) group are still using the phone.

Last edited: