Let the ROMS begin....

phillybizzle

Reaction score
Check the note. They pulled the Incredible 2 Beta on July 4th until further notice. Did you find an updated link?

It was working at 1130am this morning, I downloaded all the files that were listed...if you want them PM me otherwise I'm sure they will be back up...

also i just noticed in ROM manager, there is now a Incredible 2 flash that wasn't there before

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC_Incredible_2:_Full_Update_Guide

phillybizzle

Reaction score
Strange, when I go to the AlphaRevX Download Site and select Device, Inc 2 isn't in the dropdown list. Is it still there on your computers?

I click the link that Android Police has on facebook ( I like them that's how I got the link) and I keep hitting the refresh button to see if it craps out...but on my end, it's still active.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I couldn't get it to work in the last hour or so. Looks like we still have to wait, which is fine by me. Let them take their time so its right. I've got the phone for two more years.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

I've got an XTC Clip coming. It's a one time use but believe it can be recharged. Not sure how much yet. After I use it, if you want to cover shipping and recharge it, you're welcome to it after me.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I really appreciate the offer but I'm going to wait for the software version. I've still got a Droid not being used right now so I'm going to play with it until s-off is working.

No problem, if you change you're mind, let me know. I'll check into the cost of recharging it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
How does the clip work? Does it plug into something on the phone and then it's automatically rooted? I don't have a inc2, but it's on my maybe list. I was just wondering how it worked.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
It looks like a programming tool of some sort. Maybe it carries the unlock codes for HTC developers. I'm strictly guessing on that though.

Kinda like that from what I see. The videos I watch show plugging the clip into the computer and a MicroSD card into the Clip. You select your device and it loads the info from the computer to the SD Card. Then, you unhook from the computer, load the SD card into the phone, and run a ribbon with a SIM Card adapter into the phone. Then you turn the phone on and follow the directions. The clip with the SD card and SIM adapter then unlock the phone.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll check it out on youtube too. It seems like an easy way to root.