Dont know if anyone has seen yet....

uga81

Reaction score
Have you heard of any problems doing this?

OP
C
Reaction score
As far as i have read,(havnt tried it my self), it seems that if you do this. You wont be able to root when the root is available. I would like to know if anyone has tried this?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
We will be able to root later on. The article refers to rooting via the process being worked on by the developer. He has rooted the current OS. If you install the leaked GB OS, you won't be able to root via the developers method because of the different OS.

TVJ

Reaction score
Not too worried about rooting right now. So, I went ahead and downloaded the OS and installed it. Everything went smoothly, no problems. At this point, though, I can't say that I have noticed any difference in the way the phone operates.

DXm0dx92

Reaction score
Not too worried about rooting right now. So, I went ahead and downloaded the OS and installed it. Everything went smoothly, no problems. At this point, though, I can't say that I have noticed any difference in the way the phone operates.

Any changes to Sense or any GUI Improvements? The smoothness of the Dinc2 could be improved but I will wait for 2.2 to have the S-Off root and then deodex the OS if no changes to the GUI (sense) have been made.

TVJ

Reaction score
I'm still playing around with it, but I really haven't noticed any difference so far.

OP
C
Reaction score
Yeah, im just waiting for s-off....

Vyvid

Reaction score
When it says plug your phone into computer, do u use sync mode, disk drive, or charge only, or does it matter

Sent from my phone. That's Incredible 2!

TVJ

Reaction score
When it says plug your phone into computer, do u use sync mode, disk drive, or charge only, or does it matter

Sent from my phone. That's Incredible 2!
Also, sync mode works. That's what I used.

DrElwinRansom

Reaction score
I've got to ask: how is memory handling? This was what killed my rooted attempts to get Gingerbread on my OG Droid. I am so spoiled with the memory handling on my Dinc2 that I'm worried that Gingerbread's going to spoil that and my music app will get killed when I open up a couple other apps, etc.