Leaked Info on Potential Motorola Droid X 2 - Dual-Core Tegra2 and Better Screen

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Christ, I don't think I could handle any more "leaked" info on new phones. I already change what phone I want everytime a new post comes up and at this rate I'll never get a new one >< I suppose the D1 will hold me until it reaches its software EOL, or until any of these "OMG I GOTTA HAVE IT" phones hits the streets and works its kinks out. All this beautiful new tech is such a mixed blessing, lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no, i'm talking about a slide out, separate, physical keyboard - just not a mechanical one. instead, i want it to be like a virtual keyboard, but without the screen, like in this rendering.

Like the soft touch buttons on the D1 (back, menu, home, search)?

exactly! i just don't know how to label them - capacative? soft touch? non-mechanical? other??????

RemyL75

Reaction score
"Bigger 4.3' screen"??
The Drid X already has a 4.3" screen. At least that's what the specs page says on the Motorola Mobility site.
Basically this is the same thing they did with the Droid 2. No real significant changes. Maybe a DX global is in the works, and that is where the real changes will appear.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, now that i've thoroughly hijacked the thread - back to your regularly scheduled rumors. :D

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Good call out. I find it almost unacceptable for new phones to still be launching with 2.2. I wonder if they're having issues with implementing it on the phones...

accellpo

Reaction score
For my next phone I need a GB of RAM, dual core, high Res screen, running the newest version of Android. I could care less about a front camera or expensive LTE!

want a droid

Reaction score
I'm the opposite. I'm looking for 4G as well as FFC. :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

volando

Reaction score
Oh man, that capacitative keyboard looks cool in a flashy image, but I would probably throw the phone against the wall in a fit of rage were it ever implemented. Actually no, because I wouldn't buy it... I had an old samsung with buttons like that (thankfully only call/end) and it was simply horrendous. They'd get stuck all the time, wouldn't respond properly, no tactile feeback. Physical buttons must remain physical, otherwise it's better to simply use a rotatable and configurable on-screen keyboard.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The only advantage I can see with this one is getting the Tegra 2 while still being able to hold on to all of your current accessories and cases. Doesn't bring much else to the table. I can;t see too many people pick this one over the Bionic other than on looks alone.

And word 'round the campfire is it will not be LTE.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My only question is why does 3G or LTE have to be a debate....If the LTE is backward compatible then VZW should figure out a way to sell every phone with that capability. I don't know how much it changes the cost, but it just seems really stupid for them to be chopping up their market like this - (A) is the phone you want but it's not LTE, (B) is LTE but it doesn't have a keyboard or whatnot.

jbdow

Reaction score
new 4.3 ? like bait and switch without the bait... i guess if you didn't have a smartphone this would look good. give it another 6 months...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
new 4.3 ? like bait and switch without the bait... i guess if you didn't have a smartphone this would look good. give it another 6 months...

I'm guessing "new" 4.3 might mean different width/length dimensions.