Launchers

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I use Nova with the unread plug in. It adds counts to text, Facebook, Gmail, hangouts and more. I believe you need nova prime to use it though.

Sent from my XT1060

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I use Nova Prime with the unread plugin as well.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I did Nova and I liked it. Just uninstalled it though because my memory usage was constantly hovering around 1.4 out of 1.67. Removed Facebook as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Yeah Nova drains battery and using a ton of RAM. I liked it but uninstalled for that reason. After uninstalling nova my better life basically doubled.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I like next launcher. Pricey, but you can try the free version. I paid for it & don't regret it, even though I'm not currently using it. Will likely install it on the note 4 when I get it though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've been using Apex for the past few years. Still on TW on my S5 ATM, but my SO is running Apex on her rooted S5 with no problems. She was previously on Nova but had issues as well.

tap'n on my S5

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah Nova drains battery and using a ton of RAM. I liked it but uninstalled for that reason. After uninstalling nova my better life basically doubled.
Back when I was on Verizon with both HTC and Samsung to alleviate the battery drain I would force close the stock launcher, reboot, force close again and it would stay closed after that. The battery drain was coming from the phone keeping 2 launchers awake and active, using cpu. I don't get the drain on my G2 even without force closing the stock launcher, it doesn't keep trying to be the foreground dominant launcher like Touch Wiz and Sense.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk