Back up question

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
4AM question lol..... Just came to me, but do I need a custom recovery or a bootstrap in order to do back ups, or can it be done with titanium pro?

Sent from overclocked DROIDX 2.2.1, system version 2.3.340 that is rooted using Tapatalk.

DThomp

Reaction score
A full backup, or a nandroid, is exactly how your phone was at that point in time. Everything is backed up, like a restore point on your computer. Titanium only backs up apps and app data, both your apps and system apps. Alot of people have had problems using TB to back up data when coming from a wipe. I don't use it as I have less than 100 apps total on my phone including system apps. I use on the fly backup or my backup pro both of which put your apps in a folder on your memory card and when you need them just go in through Astro or whatever file manager you like to reinstall your apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DThomp

Reaction score
Sorry but to do a nandroid, you will need the bootstrap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'll try it, but will a custom booststrap mess with a ota update? And if so how would I undo it, just uninstall?

Edit
Oh and doing a backup will let me restore everything if I had to sbf?

Sent from overclocked DROIDX 2.2.1, system version 2.3.340 that is rooted using Tapatalk.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol. Sorry I have weird hours of operation! I help here when dx forum is dead

t.crawford714

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'll try it, but will a custom booststrap mess with a ota update? And if so how would I undo it, just uninstall?

Edit
Oh and doing a backup will let me restore everything if I had to sbf?

Do not restore an old backup if you backed up before the .340 update and then restore a backup from an old update.

Yes you could restore everything if you had to .sbf

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Thank you, and do you mean if I backed up on a old update then I update to a new one I wouldn't use that back up I should make a new one of that update? And if could answer, will a custom bootstrap mess with a ota update?

Edit
Please reply lol... It always comes to this... I guess I ask too much or something someone doesn't understand or know.

t.crawford714

Reaction score
Sorry to leave you hanging.

I couldn't take the .340 ota then restored and then I didn't delete bootstrap so you should be able to take the update. If you have problems look at the bootstrap guide in my sig. That should tell you how to delete it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App