launcher pro update

jcardona1

Reaction score
yeah, this thing has been laggy for several weeks, nothing like when i first installed. ive played with the settings and its still the same. i especially notice it when i have an app open and i hit the home button.

Helix was the same way. started out super fast and slowly turned to crap until i removed it. i hope i dont have to do the same thing with launcher pro because i really like it. :( its critical for a home replacement app to have zero lag for me, otherwise its just not worth the cute little features it offers

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
It should also work to go into sett
Just a question here. How do you prevent the home button from sending you out of launcher pro?

get the HOME SWITCHER APP
Use that to make LP your default home.

You can also go into Settings from the LP menu screen, from there: Applications -> manage applications -> filter = all. Then Home will show and you can clear the defaults and choose LP for default when you next press Home.
Home Switcher is fewer steps, of course, and useful if you are alternating between home apps.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

quittle

Reaction score
i have the same problem. I have maximized memory storage and memory-kill protection, made cache light and minimized everything possible but it still takes a good 20 secs to go back to home. I know this is a completely different version of Launcher Pro than the one you're talking about but if you have any suggestions with speeding it up, I'd really appreciate it. I'm even overclocked to 800Mhz and it's slow :(

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so far this update seems to have fixed problems i have been having. been switching between this and ADW, but leaning towards this if all the FC's i had go away. ADW keeps going some weird stuff to me and i have to reboot to fix.

Although i would love to see the gesture up or down for an app like in ADW and the resizing widgets when you add more rows and colums, and additional rows and colums.

Keep up the good work

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have the same problem. I have maximized memory storage and memory-kill protection, made cache light and minimized everything possible but it still takes a good 20 secs to go back to home. I know this is a completely different version of Launcher Pro than the one you're talking about but if you have any suggestions with speeding it up, I'd really appreciate it. I'm even overclocked to 800Mhz and it's slow :(

If it truly takes you 20 seconds to close an application and go back to the home screen, you have problems that probably have nothing to do with Launcher Pro. I'm suspecting it has to do with misconfiguration of a custom rom.

srroos

Reaction score
Love the update! This is my favorite launcher by far!

However, I do have the long waits to load like others. I strongly suspect it is the memory management in Bugless Beast, but I have not had any better results with the keep in memory option. I can only assume that the process is still getting killed...

If anyone has any insight on how to stop this it would be awesome!

Thomas_AR

Reaction score
Getting better and better. Running very well on my Milestone. More the last update seams to have solved a problem at least for me. Launching the contact took sometimes up to 2 seconds. Now runs like Gonzales :)

king_43

Reaction score
Using the latest version of launcherpro with 2.1 unless beast 1.1 and its the fastest combo I've tried..

mkraffert

Reaction score
The latest update has more memory management settings. It defaults to not setting it. Set your memory management and I'll bet the lag how's away. It did for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

woot505

Reaction score
This is by far the best launcher created!!!! This thing just keeps getting better and better!!!! I have used on every rom I have installed(2.1). I haven't tried 2.2 yet, but when I do, you can bet my launcher will be launcher pro!!!!! This guy deserves a beer from EVERYONE!!!!!!! GREAT WORK!!!!!

soops

Reaction score
A little tip

To those who are experiencing lag, the dev suggests to go to his website & use previous version. I have the latest upgrade & so far it's smooth. I'm running SD v6.