Launcher Pro questions!

Fizban22

Reaction score
Hey so i just watched thsi video...

[video=youtube;gJUYNgpoNhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJUYNgpoNhc"]YouTube - Droid X Tips #3: (Froyo Looking) Home Replacements[/video]

and i must say im tempted to switch over to Launcher Pro, but i have a few questions first...

1) you dont need to be rooted to run launcher pro right?
2) will all my widgets still work with launcher pro?
-- the reason i ask this is because i want the screens on my phone to look the same (widget/shortcut wise), but i like the menu bar on the bottom better and i love the pinch thing that shows all 7 screens.
3) does it make the transition between screens smoother/increase battery life at all?
4) when froyo comes out, will it provide the same menu bar/pinch screen features?
5) having launcher pro wont make the phone run any slower will it?
6) whats the difference between launcher pro and launcher pro plus? and finally...
7) if i decide i dont like it and want to delete the launcher pro app, will everything go back to how it was before or will it competly reset (like it came out of the box)?

thanks all for your help, its much appreciated

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
there are several threads about LP, ADW, and other launchers:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/65628-launcherpro-god-2.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ncherpro-beta-super-fast-smooth-launcher.html

in short, no you don't have to be rooted (but it works on roms as well). it doesn't change your apps or widgets or anything - it's just an alternative to the stock launcher for navigating around your droid. IMO, it's much better than the stock launcher. it seems much snappier (and even more so with the Plus version, and LP+ gives you access to additional widgets). also, it gives you the ability to add more home screens. if you have a D1, stock only has 3 screens, and Froyo update will give you 5. but LP lets you choose from 1-7 screens (if you have a DInc or X, this is irrelevant). check out the free beta version, as well as some of the other launchers. get Home Switcher from the app mkt, and it lets you switch between them easily. if you don't like them, you can always uninstall and go back to stock...

ffej89

Reaction score
battery life will not be better
some widgets you will not be able to get
screen transition will be improved
LauncherPro is a great alternative to your home and you dont have to be rooted. Like the last post stated you can use the free versions in the market to try them out.
If you do try them out and dont like them just uninstall and your back to you usual screen selections.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Well one thing I don't understand is why I cannot remove my icons from my drawer with LauncherPro Plus. You can in the free version, so why take that feature out for the paid version? I suppose now it doesn't matter either way for me because I've elected to move all of my icons elsewhere on my desktop or in a desktop folder and quit using the drawer altogether. Once I discovered I could replace the app drawer icon on my dOck (LoL sorry for the original typo!) and put my flashlight there, I've never looked back (and literally never looked at my drawer again). If the paid version allowed you to hide icons on the drawer I will gladly use it.

Last edited:

ffej89

Reaction score
"Once I discovered I could replace the app drawer icon on my dock and put my flashlight there, I've never looked back"

Now thats funny right their lol

Last edited:

ffej89

Reaction score
I changed it too :clap: LMAO. thanks for that one lol