Latest Update

ca14129

Reaction score
Just updated this morning. things i noticed so far..

• first thing i noticed; the home-screen UI seems MUCH smoother.
  • noticed in the wireless profiles you can now define a proxy server! fairly sure that's new.
  • i've seen mention of encrypting sdcard contents but haven't been brave enough to try (yet).
  • i still had a spontaneous reboot (using the droidforums app, no less.. :/ )

-r

keebord123

Reaction score
Update failing in recovery mode

I used tib to integrate some system app updates into rom, 1 of them were the updated gmail app and now I'm getting this error when trying to update the system to 3.8.7,
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Gmail.apk","e6b762cc13624aa34172196175c4e5721b1d3b4b","4fc401b770f507052983baaa4ffbbdbba2086c53").

any way to correct my problem?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If I was going to do it would rather SBF to make sure everything is fresh for the update. I am not going to do it after reading issues with the update, I don't have any problems now. No reason braking what isn't broken.

Well I still have not seen a reason to take the time to SBF back to download this update. Any need for it if I don't have any problems except it not telling what kind of number I am trying to text when composing a message?

Why would you need to SBF to download the update? Most people doing that are people who were rooted and downloaded/installed the update without unrooting first. That can cause problems. If you unfreeze any stock apps and unroot before installing the update, everything should go smoothly.

The update greatly improves the phone in a variety of areas. Most notably for me have been substantially improved battery life and a smoother, snappier experience all around. Well worth it in my opinion.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure if you aren't rooted this update is the cats behind.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If I was going to do it would rather SBF to make sure everything is fresh for the update. I am not going to do it after reading issues with the update, I don't have any problems now. No reason braking what isn't broken.

I don't think most people are having much in the way of issues, only a few. Most people are really enjoying how much better the update has made the phone run overall, myself included. I didn't have any problems before the update, but even I'm seeing substantial performance increases.

xjcamaro89

Reaction score
I keep getting an update failed error. Im sure that its cause i deleted some factory apps with titanium backup. I tried the R+M+Power to get the factory reset. I didnt delete the cache, should i do that also, cause im not seeing my factory apps come back. Any suggestions?

xjcamaro89

Reaction score
Nevermind, i reflashed back to factory from a different computer, first computer is crap, it all flashed and restored fine, then updated fine. I think this time im gonna buy the titanium backup so i can freeze and unfreeze so next time i wont have a problem.

boomerang

Reaction score
I defrosted then unrooted my phone, installed update and never got it to go past the motorola screen. I had to .sbf...very annoying! and now my phone is running super hot. I haven't tried to reroot again, but hope I can. I really want to figure out this heat problem. Anyone?

rocket_girl

Reaction score
several days w/ new update. Unrooted. Since yesterday, Android OS sucking more battery than anything else...moved from near bottom of the 'draw' list to top. Phone running warm (between 75-78 per monitor), but not blistering hot. Battery life nowhere near what it should be...getting 12-15 hrs-ish with 3400mAhz extended battery on moderate to low use (in-pocket w/ an hour or two of web/ Words w Friends use) ...which should be 24 hrs + and eventually much longer. Seeing new / different synch patterns w/ very laggy performance at random intervals. Frustrated!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

smithadam576

Reaction score
I use the Home edition of Microsoft Office for Mac. Microsoft sends me the software updates from time to time.

boomerang

Reaction score
Well day three and my phone is still not right. Installed the .sbf and then updated and launcher would not launch. Very very hot too! I'm going to .sbf again, root and then turn off OTA.

heyyclifford

Reaction score
Did this update only worked right if your phone was not rooted. Everyone who seems to be having issues still are the ones that had a rooted droid

Sent from my DROID PRO

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
Did this update only worked right if your phone was not rooted. Everyone who seems to be having issues still are the ones that had a rooted droid

Sent from my DROID PRO

Seems that way. Never rooted my Pro for fear of screwing up functionality which is something I kinda rely on at work and school. I could be imagining it, but my battery seems to last a little longer and the screen scrolling seems to be less laggy. No issues here.

xjcamaro89

Reaction score
I cant root with Z4 anymore now after the update. It runs like its going to root, but then just closes. And then seems to make everything lag. How do you turn off OTA? Cause i had no problem with the last update and had everything going great. Now i had to sbf everything to get the new one and now i cant root.