Latest Update

YukiTech

Reaction score
Newbie Answered Own Question!

After applying the OTA 3.8.7.XT610 update, z4Root no longer works. However, I was able to use SuperOneClick 1.7 instead to fully re-root my Droid Pro successfully. Wahoo!!

MrWilliams

Reaction score
I was finally able to re-root using aroot. It's funny, I didn't do anything different that what I had tried over the past 24 hours. I just kept trying over and over and finally, it took. I was able to confirm that I was indeed rooted by accessing wireless tether. I also have a superuser icon.

HOWEVER: TITANIUM BACKUP will not work. It says it's not able to gain root access... what gives?

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Did you hit the problems button then download busybox? That's what made titanium work for me.

Sent from my DROID PRO

YukiTech

Reaction score
Rooting After Update

aRoot looks like it works but doesn't as any app that requires root access will still fail. You need to use SuperOneClick 1.7 instead.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
aRoot looks like it works but doesn't as any app that requires root access will still fail. You need to use SuperOneClick 1.7 instead.

Not true. Took me numerous tries until someone pointed out about needing the moto drivers. Once I downloaded those, aroot worked the first time. Already used root explorer to remove the DROID boot sound, backed up with titanium and used wifi tether at a friends house earlier today.

Didn't even know about superoneclick. Aroot works.

Sent from my DROID PRO

andy'sfriend

Reaction score

I have full root/superuser after using aroot. SuperOneClick is not required. SuperOneClick, however, may be required if you did not unroot (and delete your superuser and busybox files) before you installed the update.

I failed to unroot and remove busybox and was unable to regain root until I flashed the 2.26 sbf and then updated and then rooted via aroot.

google123

Reaction score
Well I got the latest update installed finally. Now that I installed Titanium Backup in order to restore my apps, every time I open TiB, it immediately force closes. I don't even get a chance to click the problems button. I have already uninstalled/installed several times and pulled the battery and rebooted as well and no luck getting TiB working. Any ideas???

update: I got it working. I downloaded another (older) version from the developers website and it worked after that. The site is:

http://matrixrewriter.com/android/files/TitaniumBackup.apk

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well I still have not seen a reason to take the time to SBF back to download this update. Any need for it if I don't have any problems except it not telling what kind of number I am trying to text when composing a message?

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Latest update has made the random shutdown problem waaaayyyy worse for me. All day yesterday, and three times in the last 2 hrs this morning alone. And 'ddddrrrrrroooooiiiiddd' is still audible -even with sound set to 'silent'.

Anyone else having similar experiences? (Rocket_girl, unrooted)....

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Well I got the latest update installed finally. Now that I installed Titanium Backup in order to restore my apps, every time I open TiB, it immediately force closes. I don't even get a chance to click the problems button. I have already uninstalled/installed several times and pulled the battery and rebooted as well and no luck getting TiB working. Any ideas???

update: I got it working. I downloaded another (older) version from the developers website and it worked after that. The site is:

http://matrixrewriter.com/android/files/TitaniumBackup.apk

You shouldn't have to use an older version - the latest works perfectly for me after the update. Did you update the superuser app to the latest version? Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but worth a shot. Do you even get the superuser permission screen?

google123

Reaction score
After I installed the version from the developers website, I got all my apps back on the Pro n then opened the market n updated a whole bunch including TiB to the latest version n its working just fine now. Thanks.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well I still have not seen a reason to take the time to SBF back to download this update. Any need for it if I don't have any problems except it not telling what kind of number I am trying to text when composing a message?

Why would you need to SBF to download the update? Most people doing that are people who were rooted and downloaded/installed the update without unrooting first. That can cause problems. If you unfreeze any stock apps and unroot before installing the update, everything should go smoothly.

The update greatly improves the phone in a variety of areas. Most notably for me have been substantially improved battery life and a smoother, snappier experience all around. Well worth it in my opinion.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
My battery life has actually gone downhill. Interesting. Limited sample of two days I suppose. @

zenivzen

Reaction score
just got it. phone has been running hot ever since. wonder why. any thoughts?