Latest Update

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Does it support root??

Not sure what that means. If you're rooted and have removed any default stock apps, you may not be able to actually get the OTA. If you're just rooted but haven't removed the bloat or can put it back, you will most likely be able to update but it will also most likely break root and since the only root method I know of is Z4root, it might not work to re-root after the update. Nobody knows until somebody tries it so be sure to report back if you give it a shot.

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Does it support root??

Not sure what that means. If you're rooted and have removed any default stock apps, you may not be able to actually get the OTA. If you're just rooted but haven't removed the bloat or can put it back, you will most likely be able to update but it will also most likely break root and since the only root method I know of is Z4root, it might not work to re-root after the update. Nobody knows until somebody tries it so be sure to report back if you give it a shot.

Yes - agree with all of the above... that's why I'm asking. I also rooted with z4. I froze (rather than removed) the "junk-ware" via titanium ... for just this reason.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Does it support root??

Yes - agree with all of the above... that's why I'm asking. I also rooted with z4. I froze (rather than removed) the "junk-ware" via titanium ... for just this reason.

Yep, me too. Learned that lesson already. Freezing works best for me. Renaming and moving the app to SD becomes tedious I think. I don't know how to batch rename in Root Explorer...

Anyhow, going to Titanium in a few an unfreeze everything and try getting the update. As I suspected, didn't work as-is.

jhalsey205

Reaction score
I'm a little behind - grabbing dinner - but will give it a shot soon thereafter

daimien

Reaction score
What date are you refering to what phone and can someone list the bloat from a droid 2 to see if im missing something please
Errr update.

Sent from my DROID2

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Has anyone received the 3.8.7.XT610 update yet and if so, what changes are you noticing and what are your thoughts on it so far?
The update you are referencing has not been released yet. It should be released any day now according to the Motorola Representative on the Motorola Forum. Not sure if it will be released to everyone initially. They may release it to only registered "testers"...and then to everyone. They didn't do that on the last update, but they didn't announce the update was available either...not for several days after the registered testers had a chance to provide feedback. So, we'll see what happens this time.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Given that the update is right on the Droid Pro support site homepage on verizonwireless.com, I'd say it's either slowly rolling out already or will be this weekend.

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Does it support root??

I saw a post by Android wizard extraordinaire, CellZealot, over at MyDroidForums, who claims :

"... it supports root and is an excellent build. It also supports using the band unlock and GSM performance is far superior to the previous radio firmware. Overall this build is incredibly stable and without question the best build yet for this phone."

That's good enough for me.

Last edited: