Latest Kit Kat news

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yea, 4.4 WILL kill root with no way to protect it. Unless you have an unlocked bootloader be aware root may be gone for good. Depends if Devs wanna take a look at the older phones.

Sent from my DE Moto X

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
At home, OTA done in 30 minutes. Upgrade still 20 minutes. Don't see anything different on wife's phone either. Guess it is all behind the scenes. Otherwise, what a waste of emotional energy waiting for this "upgrade".

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
I posted a new thread this afternoon about keeping root. My phone is 99% stock except for the root. I am wondering if ota survival on SuperSU will work.

Last edited:

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with Google Maps? The fact that it cannot search for any address or anything.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR M using Droid Forums

en28so

Reaction score
I just updated about an hour ago and everything seems fine.
Well I spoke too soon, since bluetooth (stereo) between my phone and my car radio is worse than before. It would sound like a disc is skipping once in a while before the update, but now it does it constantly. I unpaired the devices and paired them up again, but that didn't help. :-(

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I posted a new thread this afternoon about keeping root. My phone is 99% stock except for the root. I am wondering if ota survival on SuperSU will work.

It won't.

Sent from my DE Moto X

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Nope, just tried it and it's working fine for me. Good luck.

It finally started working after searching for an address for approximately 10 or 15 minutes! Not exactly sure what the deal was but as long as it works at some point I'm okay with that!

en28so

Reaction score
It finally started working after searching for an address for approximately 10 or 15 minutes! Not exactly sure what the deal was but as long as it works at some point I'm okay with that!

Cool, probably just a SW glitch.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There are new Location / GPS opp options: High Accuracy, Battery Saver, etc. with KitKat. Might need to change to High Accuracy for better Maps use?

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
This afternoon I unrooted my phone to install the update. Its 100% stock no root frozen apps, etc. Then I started to install the update. Right when it started it rebooted and took me to my home screen saying ota failed. Then I went to system updates and then it says check for updates is not available at this time. What's wrong? How can I fix this without resetting or re flashing?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This afternoon I unrooted my phone to install the update. Its 100% stock no root frozen apps, etc. Then I started to install the update. Right when it started it rebooted and took me to my home screen saying ota failed. Then I went to system updates and then it says check for updates is not available at this time. What's wrong? How can I fix this without resetting or re flashing?

It looks like the "Check for updates is not available" message is happening to everyone. Probably an issue with either Verizon, Moto or Google servers.

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
It looks like the "Check for updates is not available" message is happening to everyone. Probably an issue with either Verizon, Moto or Google servers.

How do you know it's happening to everyone?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Moto boards and these boards are flooded with the same complaint.

Sent from my DE Moto X