2012 razr family update ot kitkat news 4/14/2014

thecbass

Reaction score
I actually opted to do a factory reset. It seemed like it would be good to start the update with a fresh slate.

However, now I select "System Updates" and it tells me I need a Motorola Service Account. I select to set one up and it hangs at the spinning loading circle and "Communicating with server. Please wait..."

Is there just an inordinate amount of traffic on the Motorola servers?

Sounds like it's similar to what's happening to mboswell and me.

aarong03

Reaction score
Well I just checked the motorola forums under razr maxx hd update and it seems it doesn't matter if you have rooted phone or not. Several people are getting the same problems being asked on here. So it seems the update is the cause of all this. At least that's what I'm getting from their complaints. Well I got sick of trying to get my maxx hd working after installing update and bought a new maxx. I will wait and see if any fixes show up for the maxx hd in the near future.

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
If I am able to upgrade my phone soon, I will be stepping away from Motorola for a while. I have a friend who has the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and likes it. I played with it and seems to be a nice phone. It's a bit of a downgrade on battery, but it seems my battery doesn't hold a 32 hour charge anymore anyway. She can go a day or a half before charging she claims...that's good for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums

matbluvenger

Reaction score
Ugh. I got excited because after leaving the System Update alone for a while I tried again and it finally started saying "Checking for Updates." Then that screen went away and now it's back to click on System Updates and having nothing happen.

Grrr....

I'm really thinking about doing the Verizon Edge program, getting out of my contract, and getting the Galaxy S5.

matbluvenger

Reaction score
Still no update.

Now it checks for updates but then says "Checking for updates is not available at this time. Try again later." Sometimes it'll check for a minute or two before giving me the alert and sometimes it's right away. It's been doing that since last night.

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Still no update.

Now it checks for updates but then says "Checking for updates is not available at this time. Try again later." Sometimes it'll check for a minute or two before giving me the alert and sometimes it's right away. It's been doing that since last night.

Yes, still happening for me and has been since yesterday

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
KitKat Tracking - Page 56 - xda-developers

Grab the download of the official OTA there, put it on your SD card and install it from recovery. No more waiting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

its actually not quite that simple. i strongly advise everyone considering this to read that post and thread a bit to understand what they are doing and what to expect. if you try to do this without reading up, i guarantee there will be post saying im stuck here or there, my phone wont boot etc etc.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

newmanx4

Reaction score
My battery before KK had gotten to a point it wouldn't last twelve hours. Now its like when the phone was new. 12 hours off charge and still 60%. I do miss the silent mode slider on the lock screen, and music playback still skips and stutters.

Last edited:

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
My battery before KK had gotten to a point it wouldn't last twelve hours. Now its like when the phone was new. 12 hours off charge and still 60%. I do miss the silent mode slider on the lock screen, and music playback still skips and stutters.

My battery is lasting me about one day with moderate use as if lately. Not 32 hours like it use to be...and my music skips, rebuffers and stutters A LOT...so I'm glad to know that is not just me. I am anxious to get KK while I still have this phone...hopefully the battery will improve as yours day. As I said previous, I'm looking into Verizon Edge which would allow me out of my current contact with a current promo and into a new phone, which won't be Motorola. Two Motorola's are enough at this time.

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
UPDATE...I just checked "System Update" this morning in settings and I am currently in the process of getting KK. Check your phones for you who were getting error messages earlier in the week like I was. It looks like we have it!!!