Latest Kit Kat news

THESHADOW1937

Reaction score
Be careful if you are on verizon and want to update your Galaxy S4. A friend of my wife who is on Verizon did that and completely bricked her phone. My eifecasked me whst her friend should do.

I told her tell her friend go to the Verizon store.When she got there she found a number of people were there after trying to update their phones.

Verizon told my wife's friend had never seen a phone they could not repair so st least Verizon is FedExing a new Galaxy S4 to her on Friday.

I thought you all might be interested in her stoty.

THESHADOW

I thought you all would be interested in this.

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Be careful if you are on verizon and want to update your Galaxy S4. A friend of my wife who is on Verizon did that and completely bricked her phone. My eifecasked me whst her friend should do.

I told her tell her friend go to the Verizon store.When she got there she found a number of people were there after trying to update their phones.

Verizon told my wife's friend had never seen a phone they could not repair so st least Verizon is FedExing a new Galaxy S4 to her on Friday.

I thought you all might be interested in her stoty.

THESHADOW

I thought you all would be interested in this.

That's interesting because assuming your phone isn't rooted or altered in any way there's no reason for your phone to brick. I am currently rooted on my Droid RAZR M. As soon as someone takes the update please comment how the process went. Everyone would want to know this especially if someone is rooted.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Be warned KK will wipe your root. It's built into the process. If you are rooted and have changed or deleted anything the update will fail. For the older phones there may not be another root exploit available ever unless you have an unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my DE Moto X

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Be warned KK will wipe your root. It's built into the process. If you are rooted and have changed or deleted anything the update will fail. For the older phones there may not be another root exploit available ever unless you have an unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my DE Moto X

I am rooted on my RAZR M with no bloatware deleted just frozen system apps. I have OTA Root Keeper. Don't tell me it won't work. :(

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Root keeper won't work for 4.3 or above.

Sent from my DE Moto X

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
I just received the update notification. I need someone to tell me they were able to keep root and what they did.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You will most likely lose root.