Latest Droid X update is no good

clmowers

Reaction score
How do you go about rooting the phone and will there be any issues/consequences with Verizon?

I've been experiencing some rebooting issues, lockups and just generally lagging perfomance since I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.3. I have since performed a restore back to factory defaults but the os version stayed at 2.3.3. I have called Verizon twice about this issue and the last tech support person I spoke to was referring to these forums so I figured I would get my tech support here instead :).

Thanks very much in advance for any help anyone can provide.

This is a known issue with 2.3.3 on the DX. One of my friends is a tech at one of the verizon corp store. Right now the only fix for this issue is to do a factory reset. It doesnt fix it 100%, and it might go away for a few weeks and then come back. So we just have to wait for moto to come up with a fix

tpaege1

Reaction score
ever since I got the last update for my droid x it doesn't work nearly as good. My weather bug constantly force closes and then my pandora will automatically come on. Also my Keyboard in always force closeing and doesn't work real well when it is not closeing. I have rebooted probably more time than I ever have. This is really starting to piss me off, is anyone else seeing these issues or ones like it since the update?

ever since the 2.33 its been not too bad .ive heard of people having keyboard issues and app problems , ive been spared most of that. im dowloading the update now. iguess we'll see booting now:frown: