HTC Keyboard port not working

jdrudd2

Reaction score
Hey all. Did a search and can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. I'm sure there are people, but perhaps I looked in the wrong place.

Either way, I had been using the HTC_IME keyboard port on my X ever since I got it. Now that I have updated to Froyo, the keyboard crashes (force close) every time I try to use it.
Does anyone know of a fix/update for this?

**OR**

Does anyone know of a better keyboard that has a return/new line key toward the bottom right? I'm not a fan of the stock keyboard that has a DEL key in that spot.

Thanks for any and all help!
JD

downtime57

Reaction score
Same problem

Hi,

Just did the 2.2 OTA and everything mostly seems fine except I'm now experiencing this same problem. I do notice that I have 2 "Touch Input" options in Settings/keyboard settings -one has a checkmark and seems to toggle fine and the other says "Touch Input settings" directly underneath and throws up an error when you click on it...

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Peter.

Hey all. Did a search and can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. I'm sure there are people, but perhaps I looked in the wrong place.

Either way, I had been using the HTC_IME keyboard port on my X ever since I got it. Now that I have updated to Froyo, the keyboard crashes (force close) every time I try to use it.
Does anyone know of a fix/update for this?

**OR**

Does anyone know of a better keyboard that has a return/new line key toward the bottom right? I'm not a fan of the stock keyboard that has a DEL key in that spot.

Thanks for any and all help!
JD

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I have the same problem and am missing my HTC_IME_mod keyboard... LOL

Also, the Touch Input on my DX is FC when I try to look at settings or use it.... so I am stuck with the multi-touch keyboard cause I don't care for swype....