Latest Droid X update is no good

davedroid2323

Reaction score
ever since I got the last update for my droid x it doesn't work nearly as good. My weather bug constantly force closes and then my pandora will automatically come on. Also my Keyboard in always force closeing and doesn't work real well when it is not closeing. I have rebooted probably more time than I ever have. This is really starting to piss me off, is anyone else seeing these issues or ones like it since the update?

soccplayer07

Reaction score
same here. I'm so frustrated. Everything is extremely laggy and slow now. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this???

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have either of you wiped data? Wipe data and cache and then get back to me. It should help

Liberty Justice

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, that's definitely my suggestion, but most people don't want to root.

Liberty Justice

Jaba108

Reaction score
How do you go about rooting the phone and will there be any issues/consequences with Verizon?

I've been experiencing some rebooting issues, lockups and just generally lagging perfomance since I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.3. I have since performed a restore back to factory defaults but the os version stayed at 2.3.3. I have called Verizon twice about this issue and the last tech support person I spoke to was referring to these forums so I figured I would get my tech support here instead :).

Thanks very much in advance for any help anyone can provide.

musclemilk

Reaction score
I had the same issue.

A factory reset helped but battery was still awful.

Imo root and get liberty.8 its stable simple and great battery! !!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

davedroid2323

Reaction score
where do you get the roms and stuff to root? what are the steps to doing this? I have wanted to do this for some time but am a little nervous about screwing something up. (Im not a computer genious). And will I still be able to run all apps with it?

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
A factory reset only wipes your data. It will not put you back to Froyo (2.2). You will need to sbf back using a computer. Then if you want to mod your phone, I recommend Apex ROM.

If you want the best battery life and smoothest, most stable ROM, I suggest Apex.

Here is how to sbf:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Here is how to upgrade to Gingerbread rooted:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...icial-thread-official-gingerbread-rooted.html

To upgrade to Gingerbread from Froyo, use Z4 root and Droid 2 bootstrap. Download the 2 part GB files, use the bootstrap and install them in order. Data wipe, cache wipe and then reboot.

Here is the link to Apex:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fa...v2-0-0-release-candidate-rc2-6-11-2011-a.html

If you have any questions, let me know

CM74DX

Last edited:

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Stock droid x's are awful and laggy, its amazing how different that phone is once rooted and rommed, a true testament to how horrible blur is.

If you have a droid x you owe it to yourself to at the very least root and install liberty.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stock droid x's are awful and laggy, its amazing how different that phone is once rooted and rommed, a true testament to how horrible blur is.

If you have a droid x you owe it to yourself to at the very least root and install liberty.

I agree with that. I hate MOTOBLUR.

CM74DX

Reaction score
I can only assume I am one picture few who had a good working stock. I never had any issues with it so I held off rooting. A few reeked ago I rooted to Liberty and I liked the design and of course customizing is always a good thing but in the end I decided to flash back to stock and my phone is still running smooth. Personally I think my stock is running better than the root was. Maybe I am just a lucky one.

Sent from my DROIDX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can only assume I am one picture few who had a good working stock. I never had any issues with it so I held off rooting. A few reeked ago I rooted to Liberty and I liked the design and of course customizing is always a good thing but in the end I decided to flash back to stock and my phone is still running smooth. Personally I think my stock is running better than the root was. Maybe I am just a lucky one.

Sent from my DROIDX

You should try Apex. Its the smoothest, fastest .596 based ROM out there. It lacks Liberty's customization but its worth it.

I will say you are probably one of the lucky few.

CM74DX

Jaba108

Reaction score
Am I voiding my warranty if I root? Also, I have verizon's
Insurance and extended warranty so is there a way to flash back to MOTOBLUR if I need a claim? Thanks for all the help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. You can always sbf back to stock in case you have to get a new phone.

CM74DX