Status
Not open for further replies.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Cold outside today!

c11e920f4c874f12b1ba6e2008b16760.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Here too ... Nice touch windshield wipers up! CT style! It's 19°here and we getting 4-8" by tonight... I'm going over to my granddaughter tomorrow to make a snowman if the snow is the right kind. Otherwise it's sled and snowshoe snow! We've got a lovely scene going here
ca40cc3f128fc0c277c3951d0398cf26.jpg

Cold outside today!

c11e920f4c874f12b1ba6e2008b16760.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Here too ... Nice touch windshield wipers up! CT style! It's 19°here and we getting 4-8" by tonight... I'm going over to my granddaughter tomorrow to make a snowman if the snow is the right kind. Otherwise it's sled and snowshoe snow! We've got a lovely scene going here
ca40cc3f128fc0c277c3951d0398cf26.jpg

My wife and the Girls are stuck at the Hotel for an extra Night after the Sweet 16 Party with my daughter's best friends!

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My wife and the Girls are stuck at the Hotel for an extra Night after the Sweet 16 Party with my daughter's best friends!

I'm sure the girls don't mind! As long as they're getting home safe.. How are the Acuras in snow? My daughter has one and she loves it till it snows.. Then she's scared even with new all-weather radials. When she had her old Audi with AWD, she got thru a foot high blizzard a few years back... Well enjoy your weather from "the North" and be safe

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm sure the girls don't mind! As long as they're getting home safe.. How are the Acuras in snow? My daughter has one and she loves it till it snows.. Then she's scared even with new all-weather radials. When she had her old Audi with AWD, she got thru a foot high blizzard a few years back... Well enjoy your weather from "the North" and be safe

Most Acura's will do great in the snow a long as they have decent tires. Most Acura's are front wheel drive so as long as her all weather radials have decent tread left on them, they'll do just fine.

S7 Edge tap'n

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Most Acura's will do great in the snow a long as they have decent tires. Most Acura's are front wheel drive so as long as her all weather radials have decent tread left on them, they'll do just fine.

S7 Edge tap'n
Don't y'all use studded winter tires where allowed?

Sent by my new S7-Edge

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Don't y'all use studded winter tires where allowed?

Sent by my new S7-Edge
It's rare to see/hear people using studded tires around here. You can always hear those folks coming down the road, as they have that distinctive sound on pavement. I think studded tires are better on icy roads as opposed to snow covered, which is why they aren't very popular around here. We don't get very many "ice storms", we get that fine powdery snow. It's been awhile since I noticed a vehicle with studded tires, though they may be more common than I think....I just don't see them all that much. Good thing about living somewhere that gets a lot of snow each year is that the city & counties are usually really good about keeping the roads sanded, salted & sprayed.
Unlike where my parents live, in central Arkansas....the whole city shuts down for days when they get an ice storm or even just a couple inches of snow on the ground.

Sajo said he used to walk to school uphill both ways, barefoot, in the winter when he was in school. Maybe those corns on his feet provide great traction in the ice & snow?

S7 Edge tap'n

Status
Not open for further replies.