Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
They are talking about snow. This weekend is my youngest daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday!

56e9dde99c929b9f6abd71c7ec6d630f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
It just amazes me how hear in North Carolina they get crazy with the mention of snow. Me being from Brooklyn, NY they have not seen snow. Snow that cover up your cars. You have to shovel to your car then shovel it out. They shut down the city for dusting! They clean out all the bread and milk from the Supermarkets! SMH!

87e1be3a06235c98e983eb1fb1c01d8f.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I know what you mean Preach. Snow was forecast yesterday, maybe 1". I stopped by the grocery store for dog food and milk on the way home. Milk was almost gone and the bread aisle was almost empty. Overreacting...FTW.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They are talking about snow. This weekend is my youngest daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday!

56e9dde99c929b9f6abd71c7ec6d630f.jpg

Happy sweet 16 to your daughter. What a wonderful milestone.. Congratulations! Time to learn to drive? That's what I couldn't wait for... My birthday is 12/31, and I was pissed that I had to wait till Tuesday to go to the DMV and get my permit to drive... My Dad was an awesome teacher.. No yelling and no nerves just pure fun! The best! I tried to model his attitude when I taught my kids how to drive ( they all learned on my suburban!) and they did well and were relaxed.. Good times.. Enjoy the sweet 16

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Happy Sweet Sixteen to your daughter, Preach! It will be fun to teach her to drive. My kids all had to learn to drive a standard. The first thing I would do is go to the hill in our development (only resident traffic) and teach them how to work the clutch while stopped & steady on the hill. Once they got the feel for that it was off we went. I think my kids are the only ones in their generation that know how to drive stick shift.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Happy Sweet Sixteen to your daughter, Preach! It will be fun to teach her to drive. My kids all had to learn to drive a standard. The first thing I would do is go to the hill in our development (only resident traffic) and teach them how to work the clutch while stopped & steady on the hill. Once they got the feel for that it was off we went. I think my kids are the only ones in their generation that know how to drive stick shift.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'm sure they are the only ones. While I still know how, I'm rusty, but that hill in your development would bring up my skill level pretty fast!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I'm sure they are the only ones. While I still know how, I'm rusty, but that hill in your development would bring up my skill level pretty fast!

As I recall, I learned to drive a standard transmission by watching what my friends did.No actual *teaching* involved, just observation. It's not exactly rocket science.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.