Last Post Wins.....Ver 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I recall, I learned to drive a standard transmission by watching what my friends did.No actual *teaching* involved, just observation. It's not exactly rocket science.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I bought a car from my sister years ago (1984) that was a manual. She lived in Norfolk,I lived near Petersburg. My lesson consisted of "if you want to make it home,, you'll figure out how to drive it". I've been driving a manual ever since. It's the best theft deterrent known to mankind now.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I was the official shifter whilst my dad was driving growing up. As soon as i could see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals at the same time it was always, "move this truck out of the shop and bring up truck number XX". Buses really tried my patience, some shift backwards, reverse was a button hidden amid 20 other buttons with all the labels wore away.

Anyhoot, might just be a little too chilly to do "starbucks". Hibernation sounds good. :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That's what I told my kids... if they drive a stick then they won't have to worry about anyone stealing their car or wanting to borrow it. Their first cars were all manuals.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's always good to know, Better flexibility in the snow too, and mud. I prefer automatic but my husband and son always liked manual better. When we lived on Long island it was very flat and manual was easy. We have many steep backwards sliding hills here approaching lights that are always seemingly red here in CT, so for me with great tires and 4wd, I like my automatic. (I guess I got lazy over the years) I always welcome the chance to practice if a friend with manual comes to visit, though! I'm lazy ftw!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was driving tractors while most of my classmates were playing with dolls. Only way to learn to drive is with a stick shift.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I was driving tractors while most of my classmates were playing with dolls. Only way to learn to drive is with a stick shift.

Yes, grew up driving tractors, mini bikes & motorcycles. For my kids, it was four wheelers and motorcycles. Sort of almost makes it cheating driving manual with a car.
In my youth all there were was sticks. had to beat the dinosaurs with a stick to get them to move.
We're dating ourselves, lloydstrans. I had no choice but to learn to drive stick.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Wow, You went to school with Sajo...

Lol had to say it before he did ;)

All kidding aside, stick shift is great, but so few options in today's vehicles.

Sent by my new S7-Edge

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I see the comedian has made his appearance today. Winner, winner bacon for dinner.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Cold outside today!

c11e920f4c874f12b1ba6e2008b16760.jpg