Knock on only working to turn screen off..

Erikbal

Reaction score
So last night I had my phone sitting down and I tapped the screen to check the time and there was no response. I tried multiple times and nothing. If the screen is already on the knock feature will work to turn it off so it's definitely not the screen itself. I restarted the phone and that made no difference. I also turned the knock on feature off then back on again and it still only works to turn the screen off. Any ideas? It's got me kind of baffled. I really like this feature and it sucks not having it now out of nowhere.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'd do a battery pull while the phone is powered on.. Also.. Go into settings and I can't remember where.. But there's a place to recalibrate the sensors..

If that doesn't work.. You'll have to try doing a fdr. My ex's g2 got like that. That was the cure.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take a slower approach. If you remember iPhone commercials where they methodically tap and swipe the screen (advertising gimmick to increase perception), more of a short press, and about the same time between taps as you slow the tap down to.
For whatever reason even though the phone is set to recognizing fast taps the Knock On seems to only recognize medium taps after a while. You can go as far as a full factory wipe to restore it to like it was but over time it'll revert back to needing to slow down some.
It's a known bug in Kit Kat that is supposed to be addressed in 5.0

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ive tried all different ways of tapping and none work. Also can't do a battery pull, it's built in. Why would it work to turn the screen off but not on? I really don't want to do a factory reset.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I forgot that the g2 had the battery built in.. At this point.. Calibrating the sensors in settings.. Or a fdr are my only thoughts.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wait.. When did the g2 get knock code? Lol.. Its been a while..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait.. When did the g2 get knock code? Lol.. Its been a while..
I think Verizon got it mid-late summer. I got mine on T-Mobile about 6 weeks before, right after I got the phone in late May.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
My G2 has the knock on feature but I never got an actual knock code update.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You may need to update the touch firmware.

on the move..