Kitkat is here, now I can't get rid of visual voice mail

Raydee35

Reaction score
I got the Kitkat update today and now every hour I get a notification that my visual voice mail was updated. I never used it before and have no interest in using it. I tried to disable the app but it appears that you cannot disable it. Any ideas?

Sent from my Note 3 using Droid Forums

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hey Raydee, by chance is Verizon your carrier?
Reason I ask is because we had a member on the S3forums that had a similar issue and they actually had to contact Verizon to get them to disable it. It didn't make sense because like you, he never activated it to begin with. :what:
Hang in there, hopefully one of our more knowledgeable members will have a better/quicker suggestion for you.

tap'n

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Yes I am on Verizon. This is pretty annoying.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I know how it's annoying. But a way to bypass it is to just press and hold 1 in your dialer, to call straight to your vmail..

I have the Maxx and don't use visual vmail.. And I have this issue too

TrueFangz

Reaction score
I got the Kitkat update today and now every hour I get a notification that my visual voice mail was updated. I never used it before and have no interest in using it. I tried to disable the app but it appears that you cannot disable it. Any ideas?

I've seen a few posts on different forums with people saying they can't disable the VM app. I'm not sure how or why, but when I had this problem yesterday after updating, I was in my App tray, tapped and held on the VM icon, and dragged it up to "disable app" on the top of the screen, and it worked just fine for me. I'm running 4.4.2 stock Note 3, Verizon, with no modifications to OS or Launcher. So, I'm not sure why others can't do this?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've seen a few posts on different forums with people saying they can't disable the VM app. I'm not sure how or why, but when I had this problem yesterday after updating, I was in my App tray, tapped and held on the VM icon, and dragged it up to "disable app" on the top of the screen, and it worked just fine for me. I'm running 4.4.2 stock Note 3, Verizon, with no modifications to OS or Launcher. So, I'm not sure why others can't do this?

Good info.. I was thinking disable should work for these apps... I don't run stock but if I did most certainly follow this route..

N3 tap

skipbl92

Reaction score
I am getting the same thing. I tried to subscribe, but it failed and said I had to call VZW. Then the next time it appeared I clicked cancel. It appeared again. I clicked cancel and then when it comes back I will try what previous posts suggested.

skipbl92

Reaction score

Raydee35 I went onto my online VZW account and blocked visual voicemail. A buddy of mine has a Note 3 and upgraded to KitKat and never received that annoying notification. It turns out he had block visual voicemail checked on his account.

lostinsc

Reaction score
I disabled the app and I no longer got the small icon at the top of the screen letting me know I had a new voice mail. Who knows. I might have to call Verizon. Other than this, I like the update.

andeejo

Reaction score
All I did was press and hold one on the dialer and called my voice mail and I have not seen it for a day and a half now

big al

Reaction score
I called Verizon. They had me accept and add the feature while i was on the phone with them. They saw it pop up in the system and the tech then changed me back to old regular voice mail. Haven't seen it since. He did tell me he couldn't preemptivly for my wifes. She would have to call them and do it as well because she hasnt taken the upgrade yet

cece5702

Reaction score
Is the visual basic voice mail free? I know the premium is not. I accepted it but don't want an extra charge on my bill if it's not free. I think I read something that said it was free.

Vitti_Modz

Reaction score
Or...
Root Using Framaroot.
Then Once Rooted, Reboot Device.
Now Open Your App Manager.
You Can From Here Completely Uninstall Visual Mail.
Hope This Helped. I Had To Do This. Then I Just Completely Got Rid Of The Phone XD.