How to Stop KitKat Update ....

vja4Him

Reaction score
I spoke with Samsung Technical Support and they told me there is no way to get rid of the KitKat Update that I already downloaded to my Note 3. The Update is NOT yet Installed .....

I've been getting Notifications asking me if I want to Update or Postpone. I have been postponing the Update, but now I can no longer Postpone the Update.

Is there a way to get rid of the Update File which I already downloaded to my Note 3, before it Automatically Updates .... or am I stuck with KitKat no matter what?

Tech Support told me to Backup whatever I can ..... I thought the Update was JellyBean. I did NOT want KitKat ... !!!

If I'm stuck with KitKat, how can I Backup third party apps, and also Backup Nova Launcher Prime Settings and TouchWiz Launcher Settings. I have spent a lot of time creating numerous folders with all my app, and even Shortcuts. I hope I do not have to go back to the PlayStore and download so many Apps all over again ......

I have already moved all the Apps that I can to the SD card, but many Apps cannot be moved to the SD card.

Help .... !!!!!

jcampbell1070

Reaction score
Clear the notification and uncheck "auto update".
That's how I got rid of the constant notification.
If you ever want it back, just select "Update-check for updates" and the download will start again

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
V

vja4Him

Reaction score
Clear the notification and uncheck "auto update".
That's how I got rid of the constant notification.
If you ever want it back, just select "Update-check for updates" and the download will start again

How do I do this? Where do I find these options ... ???

OP
V

vja4Him

Reaction score
In Software Update the only options are: 1) Postpone (which no longer works), 2) Start (start the Update) .....

jcampbell1070

Reaction score
I saw this in another forum. So I thought I would pass it along. Im sorry it didnt work

jcampbell1070

Reaction score
I found this u can try.

To disable the annoying permanent notifier I looked through my app manager and settled on Google Framework Services as the most likely thing running showing the update. So, I turned off notifications for it and bingo, that did the trick, no more notification about the update.

OP
V

vja4Him

Reaction score
I found this u can try.

To disable the annoying permanent notifier I looked through my app manager and settled on Google Framework Services as the most likely thing running showing the update. So, I turned off notifications for it and bingo, that did the trick, no more notification about the update.

Thanks! I turned off Notifications for Google Services Framework. Will wait and see if that will stop the annoying KitKat Update Notifications ...... I still would to actually DELETE the KitKat Update file from my Note 3, as I have no intentions of updating to KitKat. I don't plan on Upgrading my Smartphone for at least one year, so by then KeyLime will most likely be the Operating System for new phones .....

Raydee35

Reaction score
I am curious why people are reluctant to update to Kitkat? I thought it was the update that everyone is waiting for?

OP
V

vja4Him

Reaction score
I am curious why people are reluctant to update to Kitkat? I thought it was the update that everyone is waiting for

Waiting for, yes, but so many bugs that need fixing .....

Personally, I am satisfied with JellyBean 4.3, which is working just fine on my Note 3.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Which carrier are you with?? I haven't received an update for my Verizon Note 3 :angry:

NOVICE

Reaction score
Presently don't have any bugs on my Note 3. Running 4.3.

Have lots of data on my SD card and can't see the reason to screw that up with KitKat.

Not aware of any new KitKat features that will enhance my user experience. If there are any, would very much like to know what they are.

OP
V

vja4Him

Reaction score
Which carrier are you with?? I haven't received an update for my Verizon Note 3 :angry:

I have T-Mobile. I've decided that I might as well do the update, since I'm stuck ... Eventually it will kick in anyways.

I just wondering if I should wipe the Note 3 before the KitKat Update ..... I have already backed up everything that I can.

OP
V

vja4Him

Reaction score

I have T-Mobile. I've decided that I might as well do the update, since I'm stuck ... Eventually it will kick in anyways.

I just wondering if I should wipe the Note 3 before the KitKat Update ..... I have already backed up everything that I can.

recDNA

Reaction score
I found this u can try.

When you do this do you lose gmail notifications?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

jcampbell1070

Reaction score
I dont know. I found this info on another forum.