kit kat update..

donzz

Reaction score
Read this on Yahoo News....As for pre-Google Motorola phones, the Droid family (Ultra, Maxx and Mini) all begun receiving the update in December in the US, but the update quickly ran into problems. However this week has seen the updates resume without any problems.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
My soak test ended couple days ago. So I guess they figured it's good as it is. Have fun!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Depends on the app. My guess is not all apps are up to date to support 4.4. I get random crashes with some that I didn't have problems with on 4.2.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I just backed out of Facebook, and Google Now popped up. I haven't even opened that in days lol

Sent from my Droid Maxx

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife has that happening to her maxx every so often. It opens up for no apparent reason, guess the conversation we have somehow activates Google now as it never does it in dead quiet.

huskur

Reaction score
Droid Maxx community-----I have a question. I have a Note 3 and I am finding that I like the size alot of times but "most" of the time I find it to large. That being said.....is your Droid Maxx stellar with reception? Does foxfi currently work on it? If foxfi works then I can tether to it with my galaxy tab 3 and not have to worry about the losing the screen size of the note 3. opinions please

doogald

Reaction score
Read this on Yahoo News....As for pre-Google Motorola phones, the Droid family (Ultra, Maxx and Mini) all begun receiving the update in December in the US, but the update quickly ran into problems. However this week has seen the updates resume without any problems.

"Pre-Google Motorola phones"? Glad to see that Yahoo News is on top of the ball. (I've never liked David Pogue from his NY Times days. I actually had a back and forth argument with him about his Quixote-ish quest to call smartphones "app phones" a few years ago. I'm glad to see he dropped that one.)

Droid Maxx community-----I have a question. I have a Note 3 and I am finding that I like the size alot of times but "most" of the time I find it to large. That being said.....is your Droid Maxx stellar with reception? Does foxfi currently work on it? If foxfi works then I can tether to it with my galaxy tab 3 and not have to worry about the losing the screen size of the note 3. opinions please

FoxFi does not currently allow WiFi tethering with KitKat on the Maxx. That issue existed on Jellybean at launch, I believe, and they eventually provided an update that works. Native tethering works fine of you have a plan that allows it, of course.

Reception for me is great. Motorola has always been known for great radios.

tuckersmyth

Reaction score
Does KitKat cause PdaNet to fail?

I have a stock Droid Maxx running JB 4.2.2 and an unlimited data plan with Verizon. I tether via USB using PdaNet.

And I am not installing KitKat until I know that it won't "break PdaNet".