[Kernel][GPE 5.0.1][Sense 4.4.4]Elite Kernel for VZW/SPR HTC One M8

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Hey buck, just flashed the new gpe kernel and it bootlooped me to into fastboot. Your previous build was rock solid for me so I rolled back to it. I'm on vanillipop 1.4 with dh's modded 5.0 firmware and cap's 2.8.2.0 twrp.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

D08speed3

Reaction score
Hey buck, just flashed the new gpe kernel and it bootlooped me to into fastboot. Your previous build was rock solid for me so I rolled back to it. I'm on vanillipop 1.4 with dh's modded 5.0 firmware and cap's 2.8.2.0 twrp.

Same here on Sense

jsauder2

Reaction score
I see a 12-8 in the Sense Folder. Flashed it and it booted but a lot of reboots. I'm guessing this isn't meant for Sense and only GPE?
I think it was meant to be for GPE only. Sense requires a different kernel. I tried on DH's lollipop GPE and got reboots as well.

@buckmarble let me know if you need some logs or anything and I'll reflash and try to get them. I needed to make a phone call last night so I didn't have time.

Feldroid

Reaction score
The 12/08 kernel for vzw/sprint on a vzw device running DH's latest 12/05 bug fix ROM, the latest kernel will boot, and about 30 seconds after, ROM will lockup and boot into hboot

Whats the best app to access features of the kernel? Is trickster still preferred ?

garywojdan81

Reaction score
The 12/08 kernel for vzw/sprint on a vzw device running DH's latest 12/05 bug fix ROM, the latest kernel will boot, and about 30 seconds after, ROM will lockup and boot into hboot

Whats the best app to access features of the kernel? Is trickster still preferred ?
Buck has been recommending fauxclock

iweksler

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon HTC One M8
Buck has been recommending fauxclock

Fauxclock is the best, however some of the kernel params cannot be set from fauxclock (e.g. in init.d). I use both. Just have to be careful that they don't override one another with different settings.

avwheeler

Reaction score
12/8 GPE Sprint, everything worked fine, until I turned on wifi then would boot up and stay on about 20 seconds before repeating. Turning off wifi fixed issue, unable to provide log, but thought might help. Prior build did not have this outcome.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can one of you with the reboot issue get me a last_kmsg please?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I changed the link in the OP to the previous kernel for the time being until i can get a log from someone. I think i know what it is but need a log to verify.

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8
@buckmarble, an update on multi-ROM support:

Elite does work with multiROM but, when attempting to boot into the secondary ROM, it causes the phone to boot into HBOOT first. Selecting reboot then allows the phone to boot into the secondary ROM. Everything else seem to work fine. In order to correct this I had to flash ElementalX 2.0 but I prefer your kernel for smoothness/speed.

Any thoughts as to how to use your kernel for multiROM without the HBOOT issue?

Feldroid

Reaction score
Maybe a bit easier

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418146304062.txt
    195.6 KB · Views: 127