OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@buckmarble, an update on multi-ROM support:

Elite does work with multiROM but, when attempting to boot into the secondary ROM, it causes the phone to boot into HBOOT first. Selecting reboot then allows the phone to boot into the secondary ROM. Everything else seem to work fine. In order to correct this I had to flash ElementalX 2.0 but I prefer your kernel for smoothness/speed.

Any thoughts as to how to use your kernel for multiROM without the HBOOT issue?
I will look into it

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright I had to revert all of the latest changes. Most current builds are in OP

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh man, that's too bad....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I am still doing work on the kernel though!

I updated OP with new links. I reverted all the stuff that was causing the boot loops and enabled HD Audio in the GPE kernel. Both the GPE and Sense kernels I enabled another config for the kexec hard boot. Let me know if it fixes the multi rom issue posted earlier.

jsauder2

Reaction score

I updated OP with new links. I reverted all the stuff that was causing the boot loops and enabled HD Audio in the GPE kernel. Both the GPE and Sense kernels I enabled another config for the kexec hard boot. Let me know if it fixes the multi rom issue posted earlier.
working fine now, no more reboots. I've never had the multirom issue stated earlier. the problem I have is not being able to select anything from the multirom menu during boot. the touch screen does not respond.

once booted up, I can use the multirom app to boot to a secondary and it works fine.

this started when putting a lollipop rom as the primary. I assume the issue is more of a multirom thing and nothing to do with your kernel though.

D08speed3

Reaction score
Well I'm back on sense 4.4.4. I've had enough gpe

Sense offers so much IMO. Its more polished off. GPE may seem fast at first but CleanRom and RKDN paired with your Kernel blows GPE away. Battery life on Sense is way better as well. GPE is still pretty buggy for OTA being dropped and all. I prefer the theming and looks of Sense as well. GPE is so boring looking. Lol!

iweksler

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon HTC One M8
Sense offers so much IMO. Its more polished off. GPE may seem fast at first but CleanRom and RKDN paired with your Kernel blows GPE away. Battery life on Sense is way better as well. GPE is still pretty buggy for OTA being dropped and all. I prefer the theming and looks of Sense as well. GPE is so boring looking. Lol!
However, look at the number of followers on the DH's GPE thread. Blows all other ROM's away. Has to be a reason for that, eh? Buck, you have my vote for keeping working on the GPE kernel. Would be sad to lose you there, your kernel is the best. Besides, GPE is just beginning its journey and backed by a giant. looks like having a future...

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
True that. Battery life on sense is amazing.
However, look at the number of followers on the DH's GPE thread. Blows all other ROM's away. Has to be a reason for that, eh? Buck, you have my vote for keeping working on the GPE kernel. Would be sad to lose you there, your kernel is the best. Besides, GPE is just beginning its journey and backed by a giant. looks like having a future...
No worries, I'll be continuing to mirror all my changes on both kernels.

Dh has a bunch of followers right now because lollipop is the latest and greatest. It's the nature of the beast. When sense lollipop gets pushed the tides will change towards those ROMs. Everybody gravitates to the newest stuff.

Hazegray

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW HTC One M8

I'll try out the multiROM fix tonight and let you know. Thanks!